RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:25:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | So, exactly what are these games...? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: So, exactly what are these games...?  (Read 2860 times)
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: September 23, 2005, 09:01:42 PM »

They appear to be cassettes (They're sealed, and I have no intention of opening them until I find out what they are.) that go into a cassette deck that apparently connects to your Atari 2600 with a special adapter...?  The front of the box says "A Supercharger Game" and the two games I got were "Communist Mutants From Space" and "Suicide Mission", labeled 2 and 4 respectively.  Do any of you know what these are, and if they're of any value?  If you need pictures, I can take some.  Thanks!

- CFB

- Zac
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 09:13:14 PM »

I dont think they are worth too much but the Supercharger is a cassette adaptor for the 2600.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 12:04:19 PM »

I have the Starpath Supercharger game Escape from the Mindmaster, but I have no Starpath Supercharger.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 02:45:58 PM »

The Supercharger was pretty cool for it's day, it greatly extended the capabilities of the 2600.  Just look at the difference in the two versions of Frogger that got release.

Supercharger Version:
http://www.atariage.com/s....html?SoftwareLabelID=196

Cartridge Version:
http://www.atariage.com/s....html?SoftwareLabelID=194

Looks like the games you have are among the most common ones available for it (rarity 4 on AtariAge) but still nice to have.  I have a boxed Supercharger with Phaser Patrol as a pack-in game and a boxed Escape from the Mindmaster (also rarity 4s).  Who knows you may stumble upon a Supercharger one day.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 03:16:37 PM »

Thanks for the info, everybody!  I actually don't have an Atari 2600, I just bought these because I had never seen or heard of them before, and they were sealed, so I figured, for $3 each, why not?  If anybody wants these, feel free to PM me an offer, as I doubt I'll ever use them.

- CFB

- Zac
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 03:33:49 PM »

PM sent

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 07:49:44 AM »

PM sent

Damn you!!!!!!

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »

now now, you can't have ALL the games.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 12:00:54 PM »

now now, you can't have ALL the games.

I  know but just Atari and Sega ones I can.
Tongue

video_game_addict
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 09:12:52 AM »

Someday I plan on playing mine, I don't even own a cassette deck right now though.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 11:29:50 AM »

That sattelite has a skull on it...

Old games look so cool might i add.

video_game_addict
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 04:09:18 PM »

Communist Mutants From Space also has a mini foldout poster inside. I haven't opened mine either though. I like alot of the artwork on these Supercharger boxes.  Tigervision & Telesys both had cool boxes. Alot of the old boxes were pretty cool actually. Then some companies were just crap. Most of the M network (Mattel) games were crap. Just a few like Burgertime & Bump'n Jump, He-man, & Kool-aid man where they changed up & look decent. Imagic boxes are neat in they used cheap toys as props & spray painted them & created most of their coverart from them.  
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 10:05:14 AM »

beautiful set video game addict. i need to snag 11 & 12. i had a chance of getting both  a while back, but didn't bite. =(

someone made mp3's for the games. so if you have the charger you can always get your hands on the mp3's and have yourself some good 'ol fun. |D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 10:06:30 AM by atari_wizard » Logged

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 09:44:09 AM »

killer satilites? hahah thats so dumb. The box art is cool though Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length