RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 05:21:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | I need help figuring out these rereleases 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I need help figuring out these rereleases  (Read 1149 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« on: November 22, 2012, 01:09:35 AM »

Okay, so a week or two ago I picked these up from a local Microplay:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i49.tinypic.com/29bggat.jpg[/img]

In case you can't tell, they're rereleases of Fallout 1&2 and Avencast:  Rise of the Mage, all for the PC.  The problem is I can't identify when these were rereleased and by whom, and it's driving me a bit crazy because I can't find anything about these anywhere.

The most I can tell is that they were released sometime after Interplay and Bethesda had their legal issues (As Bethesda isn't mentionedanywhre on the packaging) and they were sold by Best Buy, judging by this sticker along with some passing mentions about Best Buy selling these games in DVD packaging I found through a Google search:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i50.tinypic.com/2hx2jol.jpg[/img]

So does anyone know the release history on these games or anything else that might help figure these out?  I would love to add these to the database as a variant, but I know literally nothing about them outside of the fact I got them from Microplay.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:30:34 AM »

Sounds like you could just add them as Interplay rerelease if Bethesda was initially the one who released them.

You would figure with a HUGE title like that more info would be available though.
Its not exactly like it is a no-name series.

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 08:30:07 AM »

I'm pretty sure Interplay released the original as well.  And apparently Fallout 3 and New Vegas have corrupted my memory, because it looks like Bethesda didn't have anything to do with the series until part 3.

I think I'm going to email Interplay and see if I can find someone there to give me some of the release information for the Fallout games.  Avencast might be a bit more difficult because I don't think there are really any rabid Avencast fans out there like there are for Fallout.
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 10:25:21 PM »

Alright I did a bit more research and it looks like these games were released by some discount distributor called Gator.  It looks like they don't sell original properties, but rather get permission to release budget versions of other companies properties.  However out side of some of the products they are selling, I can't find anything on this company.  At all.  There is zero information anywhere on them and I've been searching for the past hour now.

It feels personal now.  I'm going to find out everything I can about this game and the distribution company.  I won't be able to rest until I do this.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »

http://www.ign.com/articl...division-collective-mindz

The website link in the article is dead. Maybe they are already washed up?

EDIT
Yea the few things i am turning up are all dated in 2010.

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »

Yeah, I'm guessing they are dead completely.  It looks like it was a pretty small company to start with judging by their LinkedIn profile:  http://us.linkedin.com/co...gator-publishing-services
1-10 employees does not a mover and a shaker make.  Oh well, time to add some variants!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length