RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:55:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes  (Read 1809 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« on: September 02, 2012, 06:51:31 PM »

Have you guys seen this yet? Wow, this got me excited and I'm rarely interested in upcoming titles.

10min HD video with English subtitles:

The engine looks pretty damn unbelievable. The demo uses a PC, no surprise there, but it should "scale down" to current-gen systems. Perhaps the release date will slip and it'll end up on next-gen consoles.

This game is supposed to take place before MGS 1, 2 and 4 but after 3. It features Naked Snake who is a bit older than in MGS 3. It's NOT Solid Snake, obviously. Ah, and this is the prequel to MGS5.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:00:19 PM by Sirgin » Logged
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:06:47 PM »

Sounds cool, I hope they eventually re-rell the events of the NES/Spectrum games somewhere down the line. 

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:25:00 AM »

I am really excited to watch the trailer. Can't wait til I have time.

When shall his new form be revealed?
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »

I want it now!

This trailer reminded me why the Metal Gear Solid series is one of my top five all time favorite video game series.
Unlike Metal Gear Solid: Rising Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, which I have no desire to play.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »

Can't wail till this comes out!

I bought Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on the 360 today just so I can catch up a little on the series. Mainly picked it up for Peace Walker since I haven't played that one yet and don't have a PSP.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:07:02 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:05:09 PM »

As a Metal Gear fan, I will probably pick this up day one. I had little time with Portable Ops, didn't play Portable Ops + or Peace Walker (which I'm pretty sure Ground Zeroes is a direct sequel to, considering Paz was in Peace Walker), so I suppose I have some catching up to do.

That being said, I REALLY hope that this game will have more gameplay than cutscenes. Not a fan of paying $60 to essentially watch a movie. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I think that Metal Gear is starting to suffer from 'Kingdom Hearts Syndrome'; too many prequels and side stories that add unnecessary layers to the main arc.

Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 02:20:56 AM »

Guess they ran out of ideas with the closed storyline. A long time ago.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »

I think that Metal Gear is starting to suffer from 'Kingdom Hearts Syndrome'; too many prequels and side stories that add unnecessary layers to the main arc.

That's an interesting way to put it.  The stories on prequels and side-stories are not often worked into the main story arc very well and we end up with an insanely convoluted story line in 2 already very complex stories (referring to MGS and KH). That being said, I enjoy the gameplay and main story line of Kingdom Hearts enough to not be bothered by the crazy story line of the side games.

Kingdom Hearts story in a Google Doc with pics-https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8cPyvE2GTjOMzE4MTVlZTctMjE5Yi00YzAzLWJjZTAtZTllODY2OTc2MTMx/view?hl=en_US&sle=true

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 12:03:16 PM »

The problem is that the "main" story is more or less told. A lot ends with MGS 4. So of course they have to go back in time if they want to make more games. They can't keep making games with (Solid) Snake as he's already old and supposedly retired now. Unless they have him sneaking around an old folks home, going into rooms and stealing people's teeth while they're asleep. Grin

This game goes back to Naked Snake (Big Boss) but after the story in MGS 3. And before...NES Metal Gear I believe.

At this point...who cares. The game looks amazing. The "open-world" stealth approach looks amazing and that gameplay near the end of the video (last minute or so) looked more cinematic than ever.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »

That was kind of my point.  Crazy story aside, if the game play is good, I'm still down.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »

That was kind of my point.  Crazy story aside, if the game play is good, I'm still down.

Indeed. One thing that kind of annoys me, though, is how they go back in time, yet there seems to be more advanced gadgets available than in previous games that took place later. Like the holographic-style map being used in the trailer. Just a minor complaint though.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 03:11:33 AM »

Indeed. One thing that kind of annoys me, though, is how they go back in time, yet there seems to be more advanced gadgets available than in previous games that took place later.

I think that is a pretty common issue with prequels (games/movies/TV series). It's one reason I've never been really big on prequels... that and already knowing how it all eventually ends.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length