RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 03:53:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | hi, new member here just a few questions about the website 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: hi, new member here just a few questions about the website  (Read 3805 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 07:58:40 PM »

Just put what you can into my collection, also i collect obsecure multicarts for gameboy, not a lot of websites support the multicarts but ah well Smiley

Also some gameboy carts were released in both regions and have the same game id code so it does get a bit confusing.

Well aware of the usage of -EUR for European media. In fact, you'll find I'm probably the most knowledgeable person on the site when it comes to regional releases. Grin

I'll see what I can do. Likely, this is going to take a lot of work/effort on my side to get the variants you have listed added to the database. Right now, I'm working on stripping out the games that aren't supported in our database right now, then I'll try to see if I can format it to import before seeing what has to be done by hand.

HUYI
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 08:02:09 PM »

Cool, good luck with your task, hope its not too much trouble and thanks for the help.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 09:32:58 PM »

Honestly, I'm likely going to have to add everything by hand - there's a lot of information here that's not in our database or doesn't match. Not a big deal, but it'll take a few days. At least it means I'll get to cleanup the database.

As a heads-up, it's also likely that hardware will have problems if it's not already in the database. Hard to verify information on hardware. Sad
If you can provide personal scans for some of the hardware, I can just add some empty entries until images are added to them to clean up the entry.

HUYI
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »

Honestly, I'm likely going to have to add everything by hand - there's a lot of information here that's not in our database or doesn't match. Not a big deal, but it'll take a few days. At least it means I'll get to cleanup the database.

As a heads-up, it's also likely that hardware will have problems if it's not already in the database. Hard to verify information on hardware. Sad
If you can provide personal scans for some of the hardware, I can just add some empty entries until images are added to them to clean up the entry.

what kind of hardware scans do you need? i won't be able to provide all of them because i am busy most of the time.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »

First things I ran into:
Action Replay DS
Action Replay for GameCube vX.XX

HUYI
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »

First things I ran into:
Action Replay DS
Action Replay for GameCube vX.XX

they don't have game ids, as they are 3rd party software so you may just have to leave them blank or something.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length