RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 06:59:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Nintendo DSi & the Database 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nintendo DSi & the Database  (Read 2879 times)
Tan
« on: March 24, 2009, 12:44:55 PM »

As most of you know, the Nintendo DSi will be launched in Australia, Europe and North America on the first week of April. Japan has had the DSi since November 2008.

RFGeneration now has two new sections in our database, the Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSiWare. The DSi section, is where all DSi hardware entries (systems, accessories, etc etc.) and physical games (cards) will go. The DSiWare section, is where the downloadable games bought through Nintendo's DSiWare service will be added. SD cards branded for use with DSiWare will also go in the DSi section.

In an effort to remain future-proof and for the sake of collectors and checklists, DS games published as dual-mode software (DS/DSi) will be treated like PC/Mac hybrids. Not to be confused with DSi's DS backwards compatibility, we mean a game meant for both systems while having extra features only the DSi can use. Like PC/Mac, entries can be added to each section (DS/DSi) to accommodate members who may own one but not the other. It goes without saying that this won't apply to games for the DS that already exist in the database as none of those have the DSi in mind.

At present, Australia, Europe, Japan and North America have all been enabled for both the DSi and DSiWare sections. So if you already have Japanese hardware and games, you can begin adding them immediately. We will begin approving submissions for the other regions as soon as the official launches have taken place.

Note: As usual, all games and hardware are subject to the published guidelines in the About tab under Policies & Guidelines. Also in your hardware submissions, please specify what colour your system is in the variation title (Matte White, Matte Black or Matte Blue).

Thank you Smiley
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 12:51:55 PM »

Hope you don't mind just thought i would throw a console related example up here for people Smiley

Sneak King Xbox 360
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-115-S-00930-A

Sneak King Xbox
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-075-S-08720-A

Exact same game plays on both systems with expanded game play on 360

Tan
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 12:57:41 PM »

Hope you don't mind just thought i would throw a console related example up here for people Smiley

Sneak King Xbox 360
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-115-S-00930-A

Sneak King Xbox
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-075-S-08720-A

Exact same game plays on both systems with expanded game play on 360

Great example Anthony, thanks! Smiley
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 01:51:55 PM »

Cool! Smiley
Tan
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 05:27:07 PM »

http://www.joystiq.com/20...enhanced-cards-announced/

I called that one didn't I?  nod
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »

Yep. I love the last line of that article! Tongue

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 06:25:19 PM »

Cool! Smiley
what was the point in that post?
Expression my contentness about this announcement. I'm sure Tan appreciates positive feedback on his hard work. Smiley

Your post on the other hand was more useless than mine.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »

Cool! Smiley
what was the point in that post?
Expression my contentness about this announcement. I'm sure Tan appreciates positive feedback on his hard work. Smiley

Your post on the other hand was more useless than mine.
my post was to post about your useless post, this is an announment thread about submitting DSi game info, not about anyones work. So if you think about it, your post really was useless
my post is about your pointless questioning of Sirgin's pointless post.

Oh wait. I guess my post is pointless too. Nevermind. Sad

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 09:21:49 PM »

More interesting than the DSi enhanced games is the fact that they are releasing DSi exclusive games also.

Didn't nintendo say they were not going to do this to the DS?

Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 06:53:33 AM »

More interesting than the DSi enhanced games is the fact that they are releasing DSi exclusive games also.

Didn't nintendo say they were not going to do this to the DS?
At first DSi was just a mere upgrade, but it's not. Due to specs it's almost anew handheld, DSi can do things visually that DS cannot. there will be three different forms of media for DSi.

Damn... now I guess I am going to have to buy one Sad

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 06:35:26 PM »

Since I already have a normal DS, yeah Sad

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 05:54:37 PM »

A question about hybrids. Chronos Twins was released as physical ds game in Europe and in teh USA and america as dsiWare, are these variation as the game is the same.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 05:57:35 PM »

Our system isn't setup to handle those as variations, as variations are only for the same platform. DSiWare and DS are separate.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length