RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 05:26:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Halo Wars 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Halo Wars  (Read 5159 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 09:23:32 AM »

Halo Wars looks like "My First RTS" much like Halo was "My First FPS". Wink

Maybe that's exactly the effect they were hoping for. Hmmm. Grin

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 10:40:32 AM »

Meh, you're probably right. I'm sure Ensemble made the game with that in mind.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 12:30:09 PM »

So, tonight I'm going to go to Gamestop's midnight launch and count up how many people are there. Then on Thursday and next Tuesday, I will return to see how many used copies there are. This should be fun.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »

Meh, you're probably right. I'm sure Ensemble made the game with that in mind.

For my money, I'm glad they did. Seriously, if I enjoy playing HW enough I'll be more likely to try out other console RTSs.

So, tonight I'm going to go to Gamestop's midnight launch and count up how many people are there. Then on Thursday and next Tuesday, I will return to see how many used copies there are. This should be fun.

I didn't know they had a midnight launch. If there's more than 10 people there I'd be surprised.

My thoughts are that most people that buy HW will be those that are have played and enjoyed the demo already and are likely to be new to the console RTS genre so they figured they'd start with this game (like myself).

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »

I don't know. I honestly don't think Halo Wars is going to pick up any new players, mainly just draw current Halo fans in.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 04:07:25 PM »

I don't know. I honestly don't think Halo Wars is going to pick up any new players, mainly just draw current Halo fans in.
I agree with Cobra. The name "Halo" doesn't really scream "New RTS gamers, come here!" or atleast not to me. Tongue
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2009, 04:34:59 PM »

Maybe not, but the demo was good enough to draw an RTS newb like myself into the console RTS genre, where other console RTSs have not.

I'm getting it from the POV of someone that wants to like the genre, but currently does not (and I'm someone that would never play a PC RTS). And from the demo, I found it user-friendly and encouraging enough to convince me to give it a chance. Then I'll see where my interest goes from there regarding the genre.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2009, 04:37:30 PM »

I'm getting it from the POV of someone that wants to like the genre, but currently does not (and I'm someone that would never play a PC RTS). And from the demo, I found it user-friendly and encouraging enough to convince me to give it a chance. Then I'll see where my interest goes from there regarding the genre.
Sounds like a plan. Smiley
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »

Maybe not, but the demo was good enough to draw an RTS newb like myself into the console RTS genre, where other console RTSs have not.

Have you bought it yet? And if so, what do you think?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length