RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 07:14:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo DSi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Nintendo DSi  (Read 7743 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 12:16:46 PM »

He was talking about the sales figures for the PSP, I think.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 12:29:10 PM »

Oh, I see. My apologies! Sad

The PSP doesn't have such a big collection as the DS over here, but it's still present in every store and not hard to find.
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 01:02:29 PM »

The PSP doesn't have such a big collection as the DS over here, but it's still present in every store and not hard to find.

It's not hard to find here either, and I know quite a few more people that own PSPs than I know that own DSs.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »

It's not hard to find here either, and I know quite a few more people that own PSPs than I know that own DSs.

They aren't really that hard to find, its just they have a very small selection for sale at places like Game Stop compared to every other system.  Usually, they have only a shelf for them, while every other console and the DS has many shelves and wall space, etc.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 03:45:03 PM »

Yeah, I was referring to the PSP. As I have stated before, if I didn't see it mentioned online I would forget it even still existed. The DS on the other hand I'm amazed at just how popular it has become. You see people playing these a lot of place you go, trains, cafe, etc. It almost seems like a fashion statement.

BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »

Yeah, I was referring to the PSP. As I have stated before, if I didn't see it mentioned online I would forget it even still existed. The DS on the other hand I'm amazed at just how popular it has become. You see people playing these a lot of place you go, trains, cafe, etc. It almost seems like a fashion statement.

I think that it probably varies from region to region. When I lived in Minneapolis and took the train every day, I saw many more people with PSPs than DSs. Here in Portland, it's been a little more even (granted, I haven't gotten out-and-about as much as I did in Minneapolis).
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 04:28:26 AM »

Maybe it's the ungodly exchange rate at the moment, but this'll retail here for about $400 NZ dollars.

That comes to around $200 US, for the non financially minded.

Yikes.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 11:44:35 PM »

So from what I gather, there is no regional lockout on DS games. How about the systems themselves, could someone use a Japanese DS in another country, just change the language setting to English and use a local DS charger in place of the Japanese one?

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 01:30:43 PM »

Lots of people in the UK import DSes from Asia and North America and just use a UK charger. Apart from different colours, I don't see the point. They save £15 at most, then need to get a DS charger for around £8. Then there's a good chance of getting stung with customs charges.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2009, 02:05:05 PM »

I'm not sure I'd call the PSP scene small. According to Wikipedia, Sony has sold 77 million systems worldwide. It's not as much as the DS obviously (reported 96 million worldwide), but it's far for a "small scene."

What PSP page did you check out? Its more like 50 million PSPs and 100 million DSs. its pretty much 2:1 for the DS. Definately cant call 50 million a small scene though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009, 12:50:22 AM »

Thanks James. It is cool to know the DS is universal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length