RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2024, 05:16:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Submit Hardware Information Explanatory Texts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Submit Hardware Information Explanatory Texts  (Read 976 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« on: March 14, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »

I've noticed that the texts under the different submission options in Submit Games Additions / Edits and Submit Hardware Additions / Edits are the same.

The text under both Add Game Additions and Submit Hardware Additions is:
Got a game that is not in the database or its variation or regional variation is not in the database? If you do, then please click the above link!

That's fine for game additions but I think under Submit Hardware Additions it should be changed to:
Got a piece of hardware that is not in the database or its variation or regional variation is not in the database? If you do, then please click the above link!

Similary, the text under Submit Hardware Image should be changed to:
Got a hardware image to submit? This link then is for you.

I know these are only small details, but it makes the site better overal, so why not change those explanatory texts to things that make sense? Smiley
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 03:42:30 PM »

Because you can submit a "piece of hardware image". Wink

It could be changed to an "image of a piece of hardware" but that just sounds horrid and probably grammatically incorrect.
I never really was all that good with english/grammar/sentence structure/etc/etc though so i could be wrong about that.

But it still seems like an unnecessary change to an already acceptable sentence.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »

But it still seems like an unnecessary change to an already acceptable sentence.
Obviously, you didn't read my post properly.

Right now, under Submit Image in the Submit Hardware Additions / Edits section it says:
Got a game image to submit? This link then is for you.
I don't know about you, but in my opinion a piece of hardware usually isn't a game, thus the sentence should be changed.

If anyone would actually take the time to read what these lines say, they'd realise it doesn't make sense at all.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 12:58:22 PM »

My bad.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 01:08:46 PM »

My bad.
It's alright. Smiley

My post may be a bit confusing, but I don't know any other way to explain it. Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length