RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 03:42:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Sticker removal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Sticker removal  (Read 7249 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 10:15:22 AM »

I was wiping down a bunch of SNES carts that I picked up the other day. I didn't have time to do sticker removal and deep cleaning but it was interesting to inspect each cart. Isn't it strange that we spend so much time trying to restore these carts to their original sterile mass-produced state? It there something to be said for leaving the history of past rental stickers, owners names, doodles, and other historical artifacts left on the cart? Does anyone else find these compelling?

I like the idea you speak of, but I feel compelled to clean them anyway. There is one family in town that I've ended up unknowingly buying groups of games off of 3 times now over the span of about 3 years. I've probably got between 30-40 of their games in my collection now. A part of me wishes I would have kept their last name written on my carts so that I could have a Fitzpatrick "wing" in my game collection though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 12:33:56 PM »

I was wiping down a bunch of SNES carts that I picked up the other day. I didn't have time to do sticker removal and deep cleaning but it was interesting to inspect each cart. Isn't it strange that we spend so much time trying to restore these carts to their original sterile mass-produced state? It there something to be said for leaving the history of past rental stickers, owners names, doodles, and other historical artifacts left on the cart? Does anyone else find these compelling?
For a while, I kept a list games that had names on them or rental/store stickers on them. But the list eventually got misplaced and neglected. I like the idea of preserving a game's unique history, but I guess I like the looks of a nice neat looking game more.

MrFrumble
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 08:00:44 AM »

Yeah, I'm thinking that a close up photo of each cart that is interesting might suffice. I like the "be kind please rewind" sticker on the back of Killer Instinct.
a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 02:42:42 PM »

Yeah, I'm thinking that a close up photo of each cart that is interesting might suffice. I like the "be kind please rewind" sticker on the back of Killer Instinct.

My copy of Cosmic Carnage had a blockbuster sticker on the back that said "To play is human. To rewind is divine." Best one I've seen so far.
The Burnin8or
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2012, 04:19:28 PM »

I have an SNES cart that has sticker residue on the backside over the warning label.  It seems fairly resistant to just rubbing off so I tried using another sticker to remove the adhesive, but when I do, it also started to remove the top layer of the warning label.  I am hesitant to try goo gone since it seems like that would remove the warning label also.  Any suggestions here?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »

I have an SNES cart that has sticker residue on the backside over the warning label.  It seems fairly resistant to just rubbing off so I tried using another sticker to remove the adhesive, but when I do, it also started to remove the top layer of the warning label.  I am hesitant to try goo gone since it seems like that would remove the warning label also.  Any suggestions here?

You could always just swap the back of the cart with a cheap sports game.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »

You could always just swap the back of the cart with a cheap sports game.

Exactly. I try to use a similar backing, however.

The Burnin8or
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 06:42:55 PM »

Thats a good idea that never even occurred to me to do. Ill try that out.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2012, 01:51:35 AM »

Don't the warning stickers have a number marked on them? I'd try to swap the back with one that has the same number on it.
Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2012, 10:50:23 AM »

Found an effective way of removing stickers from PSP cases.  First take everything out: game, manual and insert so you just have the plastic case.  Soak them in warm water for an hour or so.  Then use a soft sponge to scrub off the sticker.  I was able to get the entire sticker off including the residue.  These were stickers that would not pull off at all without tearing and leaving most of the white part underneath.

It takes a little time to dry them completely but I thought I'd share.  I'm guessing this would work for any plastic cases but I happen to use it on PSP cases.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length