RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 11:47:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Guitar Hero World Tour Wii Sucks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero World Tour Wii Sucks  (Read 3368 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« on: November 15, 2008, 11:39:58 AM »

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock runs just fine on the Wii.  It's not as pretty as the PS3 and XBOX360 versions, but it runs just fine.  Guitar Hero World Tour, on the other hand, can't run on the Wii smoothly for some reason.  It's choppy as hell.  I bought it to have two guitars for the Wii, but I'm taking it back to the store later today to get the PS3 version. 

Don't get this game for Wii.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 12:34:35 PM »

I have it, and mine runs perfectly fine.  Sure its not as detailed as the PS3 or 360 versions, but my grafics don't look choppy.

Thats weird, your game might have been printed badly.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 01:21:52 PM »

Strange.

I'm sure the developers would've noticed that the version didn't work properly before putting it on the shelves.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 02:23:33 PM »

I know the graphics aren't as good on the Wii versions of the game, but I have the Wii version of Guitar Hero III and it runs fine.  For some reason, GHIV ran choppy.  The game didn't seem to be missing any input, it was just the graphics card that couldn't seem to keep up with what was happening on screen. 

I think you put too much faith in the developers.  These are the same people that released GHIII in mono sound. 

Anyways, I now have the PS3 version, and it runs swimmingly. 

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 03:02:38 PM »

I don't have a Wii or a PS3 so I don't have a clue lol

cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 06:33:28 PM »

Id trade for something else anyway ive got it on 360 and feel its the weakest GH to date.

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 07:14:34 PM »

I had an issue in the beginning whenever I'd activate Star Power, the guitar would crap out and I'd miss like 10 notes before pausing it and reactivating the guitar. Now it works fine for some reason, but I'm still gonna invest in a 360 and get Rock Band 2 anyway.

Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 10:07:56 PM »

360 rules!

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 12:03:15 AM »

Don't get this game for Wii.
Don't get this game period. Don't support Activision. Get Rock Band 2 instead. Cheesy

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 06:53:05 PM »

Screw Rock Band, they don't deserve my support. Living in Australia I'm use to delays but to hold a game off so long that its sequel is about to be out just as you get the original in stores is pure BS.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »

Screw Rock Band, they don't deserve my support. Living in Australia I'm use to delays but to hold a game off so long that its sequel is about to be out just as you get the original in stores is pure BS.
The same happened here in Belgium. Rock Band will be out in a week or two, while the States are getting the sequel around that time. Undecided

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length