RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 03:24:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Call of Duty: World at War OPEN BETA! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Call of Duty: World at War OPEN BETA!  (Read 2285 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »

You didn't get utterly addicted to leveling up your character in MP and getting all the perks? Impressive.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 01:38:40 PM »

I enjoyed CoD2 and 3 a lot more.

Tan, did you ever play CoD 3 with system link. den68 and I have been trying to get it to work consistently with mixed results. It's not letting one 360 join the match set up on another 360 even though the option to do so is on the screen. It searches and searches and says it couldn't find it. And there's no problems with the system link cable because it works with other system linked games.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 01:42:57 PM »

Of course, that's just the vibe from the trailer. The game itself may be completely different.
Indeed. I really hope the actual gameplay features "normal" music, because having to listen to modern guitar music  in a game that takes place in the 40ies just wouldn't do it for me.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 01:17:18 PM »

I...errr, got an advance copy. Roll Eyes

The game is mildly entertaining, I'm sure Multiplayer will be fine. But it's not GoTY material by any means. The AI is sloppy--I watched one of my own men shoot at a wall away from the enemy for what would have probably been forever had he not been shot in the back--the level design is sloppy, the aiming seems off, wall piercing bullets seem to have been toned down (maybe realistically) from 4.

It feels kind of like a crappy mod.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length