RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 07:08:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Japanese Rating Content Descriptors (CERO) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Japanese Rating Content Descriptors (CERO)  (Read 1638 times)
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:14:29 PM »

Could we please enable content descriptors for CERO ratings.  These are the nine available so far.  Unlike Western rating systems, this one uses icons, so how we list them may be subject to opinion.  This modified listing is from a translation of the CERO website.  Also, I chose to leave these closer to their original meanings instead of changing them further like other Western descriptors (such as "Drugs" instead of "Use of Drugs").

Crime
Drinking or Smoking
Drugs
Love
Gambling
Horror
Sexual
Violence
Language or other

I think there should be three more ratings, but I can't quite figure out their meanings yet.  They appear to be temporary ratings for an unreleased and unfinished work.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 07:29:18 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 02:31:29 PM »

Do you really want to trust a site that says "Play Station portableness", "GAME BOY (The color is included.)", "One dozen and one (The color is included.)", "(Correspondence OS: WINDOWS all kinds and MAC all kinds)", "Word and and so on". I don't think so. It would be best to get a real translation.

Or. Trust the wannabe-knowitalls at wikipedia and use

Love
Sexual
Violence
Horror
Gambling
Crime
Use of alcohol or tobacco
Use of drugs
Language or other
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 02:36:00 PM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 02:38:16 PM »

Do the content descriptors even work right now? I could have sworn that there is currently something really wrong with ratings additions, which is why I am totally recoding it.

Hello World.
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 08:39:48 PM »

No, they are not available at the moment.*

Also,
I chose to leave these closer to their original meanings instead of changing them further like other Western descriptors (such as "Drugs" instead of "Use of Drugs").
This means I considered the Wikipedia entry, but decided to disfavor it.

*This post was meaningless, unnecessary, and entirely avoidable.  "This bickering is pointless.  Vader.  Release him."

it's thinking
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 10:19:53 PM »

Uh what?

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 02:05:25 PM »

Added

Hello World.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: