RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 09:55:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | I have a weird problem with my "login name" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I have a weird problem with my "login name"  (Read 1595 times)
meg@driver
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: December 23, 2007, 03:24:01 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site, but not "new" when videogames are concerned. In a matter of fact I started playing games with NES and C-64 in the mid-80's. Nowadays I'm collecting Sega Mega Drive games... the ones that I couldn't afford when I was a kid. Yeah, it's good to be over 30  Grin

Anyway, I have a weird problem. My login name is meg@driver (as you can see, of course!). Now, when I click tools I get to see my collection properly, as "meg@driver's Collection". If I then choose to click -- for example -- My Collection, the name appears as "megdriver's Collection" (see the missing @) and of course it doesn't show any games etc.

This is weird, 'cos @ shouldn't be that special of a character, right? I wonder if anyone knows what I could do, OR is there anything that I can do to get it fixed?

San Futuro PD
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 03:59:07 PM »

It appears to be a quirk of perl. We're trying to find a solution that does not require changing your username, but if we can't find a solution that allows the @ to be an acceptable character it may have to change. We'll let you know, but somehow, your collection will fully work.

Hello World.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »

We think life should be better for you. Try now.

Hello World.
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 12:19:23 AM »

Yup, I made some changes that should allow the @ symbol in your name to work.  Let us know if you still have any problems.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
meg@driver
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 05:44:00 AM »

WOW!

You guys are f a s t  Shocked  I just tried the different options on my collection, and everything works perfectly.  A big thank you and happy holidays to both of you!

San Futuro PD
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 06:35:01 AM »

That's what we're here for Smiley  Happy holidays to yourself as well!

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 03:21:06 PM »

No problem, enjoy the holiday as well!

Hello World.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: