RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 04:48:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Panasonic 3DO at Goodwill 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Panasonic 3DO at Goodwill  (Read 2612 times)
Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« on: October 08, 2007, 02:47:41 PM »

I was at my local goodwill and was looking at there games. They didn't really have anything, but I picked up MDK and MDK2 for PC in a dual jewel case for $5.

They also said they just got in a new system. I asked what it was, and it was a Panasonic 3DO Interactive Multiplayer[Panasonic FZ-1 R.E.A.L.]

http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=U-052-H-00010-A

They wanted $20 for it. It only had one controller, but no games. I didn't know if it worked though, so I decided to pass on it. Did I make the right decision?

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:02:27 PM »

Both MDK games = AMAZING. Nice find.

Ain't seen you around the forums in a while. Welcome back.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 03:04:00 PM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »

Well if it worked it would have been a great deal. I am not sure if I would have bought it or not.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 05:22:59 PM »

I probably would have picked it up. Even it it didn't work, for $20 I'd take the chance and see if I couldn't fix it myself.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 05:42:46 PM »

I'd have a tough time deciding.  $20 is a lot to waste on something that might not work.  But, would be well worth that if it did work.  I'd probably buy it though, as I've never seen one and am dieing to play some of the games I have for it.  Though if I didn't already have the games, I probably would have passed on it. 

Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 05:58:19 PM »

At the Goodwills I frequent all electronics they stamp the back of your receipt so if something doesn't work you can return it in 7 days for instore credit.

[img width=300 height=225]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4282/supcatwv6.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=wallydawg[/img]
Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:32:17 PM »

I don't have any way of testing it either. I would love to add it to my collection, but I don't want to waste $20 for something that doesn't work. I was at the goodwill on Saturday, so it might be gone, but I doubt it. The lady had it set under the cashier in the glass case and it was behind some boxes of watches. I'll go back there probably this weekend because I am still looking for a costume for halloween. Maybe they just missed the games the person donated.

Oh and BTW, the goodwill is in Las Cruces, New Mexico...in case someone lives near and needs it more than I do.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:40:31 PM by Samada » Logged

neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 11:10:58 PM »

i would have taken the chance at it. I got lucky with my 3do, i got mine at a goodwill too. they wanted 10 for it, but since it was a red tag and they were having a red tag sale i got it for 5. came with one control and when i got it home to test it had who shot johnny rock in it and it work great.
Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 12:43:44 AM »

I don't have any way of testing it either. I would love to add it to my collection, but I don't want to waste $20 for something that doesn't work. I was at the goodwill on Saturday, so it might be gone, but I doubt it. The lady had it set under the cashier in the glass case and it was behind some boxes of watches. I'll go back there probably this weekend because I am still looking for a costume for halloween. Maybe they just missed the games the person donated.

Oh and BTW, the goodwill is in Las Cruces, New Mexico...in case someone lives near and needs it more than I do.

Theres always outlets around goodwill as well for people to check lamps and such, and the FZ-1 has the power cord built right in. I guess then you could make sure it at least turns on, but you still wouldn't know about the disc drive itself...

[img width=300 height=225]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4282/supcatwv6.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=wallydawg[/img]
Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 08:16:32 PM »

I went back today and they still had it. I looked through all the CD's to see if there were any games, but I found nothing. Oh well, it will probably end up sitting in that goodwill for a while.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 03:11:07 AM »

Does the 3DO not play music CDs? That would be a way of testing it.
Samada
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 07:05:04 PM »

I don't know, I am not really familiar with the system.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length