RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 11:52:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | What ever happened to the weekly chat? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What ever happened to the weekly chat?  (Read 1104 times)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« on: June 15, 2008, 09:43:15 PM »

So, what eved did happen to the weekly chat? Did it just die out, or am I continuously missing it every week? Cause if it died out, we must revieve it!!! Grin

Tell me about your variants...
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 10:57:44 PM »

Same thing that happened to the weekly poll I guess.

Tan
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 02:02:46 AM »

It kind of died out because we couldn't really gather enough people at a given time of week to make it feasible. Too many different time zones and conflicting schedules I guess. Once in a while though you may find the IRC chat to spontaneously have a half dozen members or so in it. Best advice I can give you is feel free to lurk in there and idle, it's the IRC way and more convenient so your not waiting for something to happen. Smiley
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 02:27:25 AM »

It kind of died out because we couldn't really gather enough people at a given time of week to make it feasible. Too many different time zones and conflicting schedules I guess. Once in a while though you may find the IRC chat to spontaneously have a half dozen members or so in it. Best advice I can give you is feel free to lurk in there and idle, it's the IRC way and more convenient so your not waiting for something to happen. Smiley

Bwuh?! Nothing ever happens in the IRC because people just sit in there idling and walk off to do other things. You say hello and don't often get a response.
Tan
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 03:06:22 AM »

feel free to lurk in there and idle, it's the IRC way

Tongue

It's true that not everyone feels comfortable using IRC. It's been around for a long long time now and after 20 years or so it's hardly changed. It's more of a "sign in and do your thing" type of app. Where you may leave your system on for days at a time, or at work, or while your watching TV or playing a game. That way you aren't constantly watching the screen waiting for someone to type something, you walk away and check back every once in a while whenever you feel like it. With many of us having several fellow members on MSN or AIM, sometimes it's harder to have a second app running because we may be too busy for it.

The biggest thing we noticed about the old weekly chat besides trying to find a good schedule, is that people tended to come in and out, drift off for a while when in the room or sit idle for long periods of time. That's exactly the kind of thing that IRC provides, albeit free of charge and not hosted on the site/server which frees up resources that we can use for other features.

Between using the forum for discussion and instant messaging, the IRC channel has yet to find it's niche. If anyone wants to schedule chats, feel free to do so. If you can pick an interesting topic to discuss or a debate, it may even spark the interest of more people.  Smiley
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 06:10:22 PM »

So, what eved did happen to the weekly chat? Did it just die out, or am I continuously missing it every week? Cause if it died out, we must revieve it!!! Grin

They died with me...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »

Hey, I'm trying to spur the weekly poll along.  It's not my fault I'm a boring person with the personality of a cold fish.

....ok, so maybe the personality bit is my fault.

Still, it takes active members to keep things fresh, no activity, grow stale.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length