RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 03:16:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Power Glove Problem! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Power Glove Problem!  (Read 3009 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« on: August 05, 2006, 05:51:17 PM »

Not a problem with Speedy_NES, I just thought he'd be the expert on this.

I finally got an NES to use my Power Glove with but I can't get it to work. When I turn the console on with a game in it, all of the LEDs on the sensors light up. Is that supposed to happen? I found this site with the manual on it. It says you have to press start or select to turn the LEDs on.

GM:  Put a game in the NES and press Power.  The glove beeps.
Pressing Power turns the glove on and off.
GM:  Press Start on the glove.  Pressing Start or Select turns on the
LED panel.

I don't get a beeping sound when I press Start or Select. Could that be the problem? If so, how do I fix the switches on the PCB?

The only reaction I can get out of the glove are some beeps. I can't use it like a normal controller.

(Edited 14/9/07 - Title Change)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:13:12 PM by James » Logged
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 06:31:55 PM »

Unfortunately, I can't help you much. Undecided The last time I used the Power Glove was quite a few years ago, and the only copy of the Power Glove that I have right now is still sealed, otherwise I would've gladly tried to help you out.  Sorry man Wink

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 01:46:18 AM »

the power glove isnt a very good accessory   Ill look but Im sure theres several different parts to it

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 03:13:42 AM »

the power glove isnt a very good accessory   Ill look but Im sure theres several different parts to it
I've got the sensors, 1, 2 (with the LED panel), and 3 connected to the junction box, and the glove connected to the junction box, then the junction box connected to port one on the console.

I didn't think there were any more parts.

I've checked every solder point and track on the PCBs in the sensors, glove and junction box. I couldn't see anything wrong. I can hear the faint "clicking" sound coming from the glove when it's turned on.

It just seems to be a problem with the start or select buttons.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 07:36:01 AM »

I feel a bit stupid for asking this, but does the glove only work with American games? I know it only works with certain games, but is it region specific?
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 07:42:21 AM »

That's a very good point.  From what I've heard, the original US controllers don't work on PAL machines, although I've never verified this myself.  I did notice myself that wireless controllers from outside the US do not seem to work on the US NES.  It may have something to do with the different electricity standards?

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 08:52:48 AM »

I just region modified my NES to play SMB3 (NTSC). It's not on the list of games compatible with the glove but I thought it was worth a try.

The same thing is happening, all the lights on the LED panel are on as soon as I turn the console on.

Perhaps it's something to do with the signal frequency. Undecided
the_wizard_666
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 02:11:27 PM »

I think it may be region specific...all I can figure is to get a PAL Power Glove, and just sell that one off.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 03:24:50 PM »

I think it may be region specific...all I can figure is to get a PAL Power Glove, and just sell that one off.
There's a bit of a problem with that. It was only sold in America and Japan.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »

I decided to dig the glove out yesterday. Surrise, surprise, giving it some time (About a year) hasn't made it fix itself.

Can anyone at all give any advice on how to make it work? I can't be the only one on RFGeneration with a Power Glove. Undecided
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 04:38:11 PM »

umm... the glove a pain even if you do get it to work...  It will work for most US games, though the only one designed specifically for it was Super Glove Ball.

I don't use it a lot, and always forget how to calibrate it, but I always go to this site to figure it out again.
http://www.geocities.com/...llott124/power_glove.html

As you may have seen, the start sequence is a bit much, which is probably why the peripheral is such a failure. 

Anyways, here's how I take it:

• Properly set up the sensors, 1 & 2 on top, #3 on the right.  The glove is hooked to the junction box, and it is plugged into port 1 with the NES powered OFF.
  • The NES powers the glove, so power on the NES with your game of choice.  Press start, and all the LEDs by sensor 2 should light up.  Make a fist (bending all your fingers and thumb) a couple times so the glove "becomes used" to your size of hand.
  • Calibration: point the glove at the center of the television screen, and press the big "Center button.  Also, I usually sit about 5ft away.  The television is directly in front of me and a reasonable level.</li>
  • The controls: pointing upwards is Up on the D-pad, downward is down... got it?  The LED lights will also indicate which direction you are pointing and which buttons you are pressing.  "A" is your index finger, and "B" is your thumb.

Centering and calibration are the most important parts.

I hope this helps.  It's a craptactular peripheral anyways.

it's thinking
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 04:47:48 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up. The problem is when I turn the NES on the lights on the sensor bar come on straight away, before I press start. I've checked the button on the circuit board for start and select with a multimeter and there is definitely power going across them. Maybe the trouble is that start is always on for some reason.

I think Bad Street Brawler was also made intentionally for the Power Glove.

I'm going to cry if I come across one more quote from The Wizard. I've been searching Google all day but the only help people seem to be able to give is that one damn line.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length