RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:17:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Video Games on Discovery Channel 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Video Games on Discovery Channel  (Read 1055 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« on: November 28, 2007, 08:42:33 PM »

Did anyone catch the Discover Channel special "Rise of Video Games" tonight?  (8:00-9:00 EST)

It won't tell you anything you don't already know, but it is fun/interesting to hear from some of the big players (as in the designers) and to see video games being portrayed in a positive light on television. 

I'm not sure if it was a repeat or a premier, but the opening had some Halo 3 in it, so it can't be too old. 

Those of you on the West Coast can still catch it when it is broadcast out there. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:52:14 PM by Hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 08:57:42 PM »

I'm watching right now.  Actually, it's a five part series.  Discovery's site has more info on it as well as a schedule for the other parts.  http://dsc.discovery.com/...ideo-game/video-game.html

cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 12:34:06 AM »

My opinion, part 1 is crap. I need to see the other episodes to make an assestment of the whole but right now it doesn't look too promissing. Episode two should be recorded downstairs. BTW, there is another show "Hollywood Goes Gaming" on Starz Stonic on the DP board posted about. I'm watching some other stuff at the moment but once I'm done it might be On-Demand and if so I'll let you guys know what's up about that.

And okay, finished watching it this morning and it's actually alright. I'd suggest checking out "Hollywood Goes Gaming" if you get a chance to, though I doubt most will learn anything new.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 01:05:44 PM by cyberfluxor » Logged

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 03:04:12 PM »

One more thing for me to DVR. Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length