RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2024, 10:19:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | I'm disappointed in Gamestation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm disappointed in Gamestation  (Read 1025 times)
shadowbound
N-Gage

Stats
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:38:13 AM »

I always preferred the Gamestation stores over Game stores. As not only did Gamestation not sell second hand games for the same price as new games they also did retro games.  I enjoy popping in to see what they had in stock. I bought my Master System powerbase, Mega32X and MegaCD from there and often bought Megadrive and Master System games.

A few months ago like many of you will know Game bought them out.  This had me worried I hate Game has they're over priced, they don't sell retro games, their staff suck and their customers  all seem to be even more autistic than me. (Well you have to be mentally retarded to buy from there. Cheesy)

Anyway my fears seem to be well founded has every store of Gamestation I go in tell me they're phasing out their retro games section which is really fizzed me off has that was the main reason I used Gamestation.

I'll end this on this sentence.  I fluffing hate Game .

<a href="http://www.nintendo-europ...jsp?a=Shadowbound&m=b" target="_blank"> [/url]
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 12:14:21 PM »

I only ever went into Gamestation for their retro games. The last time I bought anything in Game was when I got my PS2 in 2001. I found other places to buy my games, mainly the internet, and also a local videogame store. The local one was about a mile away and had preowned prices that were actually a good amount cheaper than new. Most of their stock was preowned. They also did DVDs and a bit of overpriced retro stuff. Unfortunately, they seem to have closed down because the shop hasn't been open for a few months. The manager got to know me because I was in there so often. He gave me discounts, like 1/3 to 1/2 off old retro stock that had been there for a long time. Cheesy I got a bunch of Dreamcast games quite cheap there.

Car boot sales are the place to go these days, except most of them quote ebay prices.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 08:13:10 PM »

well i remember when gamestation only had 3 shop (York, Leeds and Bradford) they really only a 2nd hand game shop but as the newer consoles came in (Saturn, PSX etc) they started to move into that and it expanded far too much and got expensive on what at one time they were nearly giving away.

Its a shame that Game bought them out, as i was in Game Wakefield the other day and all the staff were saying is that if they dint have a game "why not check in Gamestation" as its only like 100 yards away, which at one time would have been unthinkable.

Gamestation these days just seem to be the place that the more casual gamer buy anything cheap and try to get rid of there old dirty knacked stuff for millions. There must be some unwritten rule though that all the shops have bad far too loud music and smell those 2 reasons and the fact most of the games are shit keep me out of there and even though I've looked i have bought anything from them in months, i must be a snob as i like Game and the points you get.

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 04:20:21 PM »

Gamestation has been quietly selling out these past couple of years. Game has always been a joke with its pricing policy especially on second hand games and Gamestation is following suit. Very rarely do you find a bargain in either of these shops especially retro goods. Car boots and E-bay still the only decent places around here for the retro bargains and online sites like Play and HMV when they have special offers on for the more modern stuff. Rip-off Britain springs to mind.
shadowbound
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 07:22:16 PM »

We should boycott both Game and Gamestation. FTW

<a href="http://www.nintendo-europ...jsp?a=Shadowbound&m=b" target="_blank"> [/url]
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 03:27:31 AM »

I have been doing for years. I can't afford to buy stuff from there.

Also for any one who is interested Blockbuster in Blackburn are selling hundreds of X-box and PS2 games for £1, £2 and £3. Don't know if every Blockbuster is doing this at the moment but there are some bargains to be had there.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length