RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:51:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Got a Canadian game to add to the database? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Got a Canadian game to add to the database?  (Read 884 times)
Tan
« on: December 29, 2007, 08:41:52 PM »

Now this is as much for staff as it is members so everyone please take note. Determining if a game is Canadian or North American can be tricky business. The difference between them is a Canadian game is only sold in Canada, while a North American game is sold in the United States, Mexico and Canada. Sometimes stores import games from the States and other times places like EB/Gamestop transfer stock from the US to Canada which puts US only games alongside Canadian ones.

So here's a few general rules of thumb for everyone to consider when submitting games or reviewing them that will hopefully make things easier:

• If a game has all English on it, 9 times out of 10 it's North American not Canadian, regardless of where it's sold. If it has an extra manual inside and/or cover wrapped around it, it's still a North American release, and the extras can be submitted as extra media scans while the UPC and Part numbers as trivia.

• If it has both French and English, it's most likely Canadian. That's not always the case however, so having info like the Part number (found on discs or back covers) and UPCs will make the process of approval much easier for the Global staff. Some games will have English, French and Spanish on them, which will most likely be North American.

• If it's a Nintendo game that has a CAN at the end of the part number, it's likely Canadian. 1st party NES games seem to have a lot of those.

I'll answer all questions and will research games as needed if I don't own it for any system regardless of year. So feel free to post them here in this thread or by Personal Message to me, I'll do what I can to find you an answer and so will the rest of the staff.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 01:21:46 AM by Tan » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length