RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2024, 08:19:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | I shall use my company bias to inform you that... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I shall use my company bias to inform you that...  (Read 1163 times)
Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« on: September 17, 2004, 09:36:10 AM »

It's Codemasters' 18th birthday, and you can d/l BMX Simulator for free!

Retro fun for free as Codemasters turns 18!

Download Codemasters first ever game - BMX Simulator - now from www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads as Codemasters celebrates its 18th birthday!

The cake is iced, the candles are aflame, and the cork is poised to explode from the champagne bottle... Codemasters marks its 18th birthday tomorrow and has a gift for everyone: a downloadable copy of BMX Simulator, Codemasters' first ever game, published in 1986!

You can relive the 80s craze that was BMX biking by grabbing the handlebars of the original Commodore 64 game right now from www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads in Demos [runs in an emulator for PC].

BMX Simulator hit the top of the charts in 1986 and was written by Richard Darling, who founded Codemasters along with brother David, who has recently been made Chairman. Codemasters has come a long way since the early days: the company now publishes its games in over 70 countries worldwide and yet remains one of the strongest privately owned operations in the computer and video game industry.

While the autumn of 1986 saw BMX Simulator lead the charge, 18 years on and the Q3 2004 line up includes the September 24th launch of Colin McRae Rally 2005 (PS2, Xbox, PC), TOCA Race Driver 2 (PS2) roars in on October 8th, as does the Club Football 2005 range (PS2, Xbox, PC) with LMA Manager 2005 (PS2, Xbox, PC) completing the portfolio on October 22nd.

For now, head to the 80s dirt tracks and download BMX Simulator from www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads. Your PC control keys are [CRTL] = Rotate Left, [SHIFT] = Rotate Right, S = Pedal, Z = Brake.

... not that anybody won't have downloaded it before :p
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 09:37:52 AM by Sureshot » Logged

Me vs Gretzky
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 09:44:40 AM »

Congratulations. Especially for this ocassion, I'll play a game of Colin McRae rally 2.0.  (and ignore the free bmx biking)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 10:33:36 AM »

I shall play another of Codemasters fine efforts: Pro Race Driver.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 06:35:03 PM »

Maybe I'll pull out Cosmic Spacehead.  Probably not though.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length