RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 05:18:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | i bought a GBA today. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: i bought a GBA today.  (Read 3224 times)
Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 05:13:16 PM »

I got a GBA about a year ago, and I hardly ever play it.  The freaking screen is so dark and reflection-happy it's rediculous!  But I'm not a huge handheld fan anyway...

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 06:30:03 PM »

I do not understand how they are too basic for their price when they are far an away more advanced than the SNES games. Take Link to the Past for example. They ported it, and even added a multiplayer aspect. They upgraded Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI, created one of the most renowned strategy games, made Castlevania games up to par with Symphony of the Night and Metroid games on par with Super Metroid.

I really fail to see your logic, especially since you are a Nomad fan and many Genesis games have been ported/upgraded to the GBA.

Did you miss the part where I said "up to £25"? I could have a PS2 game, or even an Xbox 360 game for that price. How many Genesis games cost £25? Seeing as I have a Nomad with games barely more than £5-8, why would I then pay £25 for the same game with a few little extras?
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 11:17:26 PM »

I don't see what you are getting at. Remember back in the day when games cost $70? Also, there are obviously tons of exclusives for the GBA which warrant their price. Furthermore, I can rom every single game available for the nomad and flash it on the GBA. Can you say that about the GBA games onto a Nomad?

I really don't understand how you can be so damn ignorant.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 02:39:57 AM »

ROMS suck.

And it isn't "damn ignorant". It is call an opinion.

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 04:27:16 AM »

yeah someones getting a lil bit defensive. cant we all just get along?

and i second tynstar... screw ROMs. its either real or nothing.

I got a GBA about a year ago, and I hardly ever play it.  The freaking screen is so dark and reflection-happy it's rediculous!  But I'm not a huge handheld fan anyway...

yeah its hard to see even under a light. thats one thing that turns me off about it.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 05:17:38 PM »

Roms do not suck, that is my opinion. And it is ignorant when the person denys facts. Furthermore, it is "called" an opinion and I find it ironic you contradict yourself.

Smiley
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 05:34:36 PM »

Roms do not suck, that is my opinion. And it is ignorant when the person denys facts. Furthermore, it is "called" an opinion and I find it ironic you contradict yourself.

Smiley
Sorry, what "fact" was I denying?

And if we're going to get into a petty spelling competition, it's "denies".
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 06:13:31 PM »

Smiley

How did I contradict myself? I didn't say you where stupid for liking roms. I said roms sucks is all.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 11:24:49 PM »

I'm just going to leave this topic and never check it again before it get's any worse than it already is.

Also... ROMs are awesome, they save a bunch of money, I know for a fact that many people who attend/run this site would agree.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 02:31:41 AM »

I'm just going to leave this topic and never check it again before it get's any worse than it already is.

Good

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length