RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 05:22:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | And I thought Garage Sale season was over... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: And I thought Garage Sale season was over...  (Read 1794 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« on: October 28, 2006, 10:06:20 PM »

Well, today I got up to go to some garage sales, like I've been doing since May.  But the weather was really crappy out, so I wasn't really expecting much, there were only a dozen or so garage sales to go to.  After about 5 sales with nothing but junk, I see an NES sitting on a table, but then notice it is sitting on top of another, and a PS1 sitting next to it.  I get over to the NES and all the hookups are there and 4 games.  I also glance at the PS1 with a few games, but then my dad tells me there's more on the ground on other side of the table.  I look on the ground and there's a Genesis 2 with hookups, 3 controllers, and 20 or so games.  Well, I ask how much and first she wanted $30 for all the NES and Genesis stuff, but I got it for $20.  I didn't get the PS1 because I don't really like them and she wanted $15 for it.  While walking down the driveway, I remembered that my PS1 had been acting up lately, so I was going to give this one another look.  I went back and looked through the games again when she said I could have it for $10, but it was still too much for me, so I started to walk away again.  She yelled to me "Fine you can have it for $5", so I went back and got it.
Everything I got is pictured below.
[img width=700 height=528]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/Mike_2_0_0_6/IM001421.jpg[/img]
There wasn't as many Genesis games as I thought because the boxed games were not in the box, so it looked like there were more than there really was.
Here's a list:
Playstation
System with 2 controllers
Populous
Sim City 2000 (no case)
Lemmings
Gran Turismo
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Madden 97

Genesis
Model 2 system with hookups
2 regular controllers and a 6 button
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3
Sonic Spinball
Sonic and Knuckles
Andre Agassi Tennis
College Football's National Championship 2
Wacky World's  creativity center
Toy Story
Tiny Toons: Buster's Hidden Treasure
Double Dribble: Tournament Edition
World Series Baseball
NHL All-Star Hockey '95

NES
2 systems with hookups for 1
1 controller
SMB/DH
Tetris
DR. Mario
Blaster Master

I would have been satisfied with just that stuff for the week, but there was one more sale that had treasure for me.  This one didn't have any games, but Nintendo collectibles. 
[img width=700 height=528]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/Mike_2_0_0_6/IM001422.jpg[/img]
This picture shows everything well, so I won't list it all.  But I tell you this; the woman wanted 50 cents each for the keychains and $1 for the camera.  So I was going to offer $5 for everything, but I offered $3 instead and she took it.

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 02:00:54 PM »

Very nice!  I have yet to make a yard sale video game find in all my years of trying.

UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 03:06:38 PM »

Great score! I thought Garage Sale season was over too. I stopped going at the end of August. There are not very many in my area this time of year.

Pop Culture Portal, I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck finding video games at yard sale. Garage Sales are the best around here. That is where I get the most amazing finds and cheep prices.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 05:04:52 PM »

Nice pick ups. I love the stuff in the second pic.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 03:33:31 PM »

God I want that camera.  Off to Ebay I go....
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 10:42:01 AM »

NICE!!! I wish I could get that lucky.

The best I've ever done is an NES set at a pawn shop that had an NES, all the cables (no A/V ones though), 2 controllers, 1 NES Advantage arcade style controller, Dragon Warrior, Ninja Gaiden 2, P.O.W., The Punisher, Spy Hunter, Super C, Mario 3, and Tetris for just $40. It wasn't the cleanest one in the world, but after a few hours cleaning up the system, it looked OK.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:47:29 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length