RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2024, 02:25:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!  (Read 5693 times)
djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 05:11:43 PM »

awesome, i saw your thread on dp about it. grats man
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 05:18:40 PM »

thanks.

I am just glad someone was able to shed some light on some things i didn't know.

Now i have info for my future import purchases.

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 09:14:40 PM »

nice score

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 03:14:54 AM »

Congrats!  You're one BIG step closer to completely your MK games collection.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 10:08:24 PM »

Isn't the PAL version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the Saturn one of the rarest? I hope you PAL, and MK collectors go after that one, like ASAP. Smiley

Was it released for the Saturn in Japan?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2006, 05:54:56 AM »

That was the other one i knew was going to be expensive.

But that still only gores for 50 or so USD compared to this one that is cheap.

David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2006, 04:38:18 PM »

But how often does it show up?

Anyone have a US Saturn version of MKT for cheap?
David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2006, 05:53:37 PM »

So, Fighter17, how did you get this game for $10. It is as bad as the Saturn port? Everyone says it is an amazing port. Well, the four people that have played it, other than you. Tongue

Why it was even releaesd in Japan, and on the PSX is beyond me... That was a pretty late port. I'd like to play it for the curiosity factor.
Fighter17
Donor

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006, 06:27:12 PM »

So, Fighter17, how did you get this game for $10. It is as bad as the Saturn port? Everyone says it is an amazing port. Well, the four people that have played it, other than you. Tongue

Why it was even releaesd in Japan, and on the PSX is beyond me... That was a pretty late port. I'd like to play it for the curiosity factor.

How I've gotten the game for $10 bucks:

I went to the Flea Market one day and I went to a small game shop where they have a shit load of PSX games.  When searching through all the US PSX games is when I saw Mortal Kombat II JP version for the PSX.  I took the game out from the shelf and opened up the case and I see the spine card was inside.  So I went up to the cherk and he charged me $10 with tax.  I payed and left the shop. 

When I came home is when I saw the horror that was the Playstation port.  The music was horrible at first, and the worse part of the game was the loading times.  When trying to do a fatality, the Playstation has to load the information DURING THE F***ING fatality!  It so screw up when trying to do a fatality because the sound effects where missing because of the loading times!  Time to time when fighting in any stage you'll get a second of loading time during the MATCH!  Also, the stage after the Dead Pool music (if I remember correctly) was stwich from the music of the stage with the blue sky.  When Shao Kaun (you know what I'm talking about), saids the winner of the match, the Playstation has to load, giving you lag.  >.>

This is one of the most horrible ports of MKII there is and should be avoided.  After playing the game, I went to a friend house and I gave it to him.  The reason why I gave it to him because he was the only other person I know who had a Modded PSX (other than me, well I had a Modded PS2).  A week later he told me that he hated the port with his guts so much that he gave it away to a guy up in New York. 

This happen a few years ago before I know how much it actally cost.  If I had know about the price, I would still gave it away since the port was so horrible. 

Funny, because I still have my backup copy of this game on my computer (after all these years, well I copy the game before I gave it away), let me play it again so I can feel like shit. 

If you want a image of the game, I'll give it to you so you can try it out on a PSX emulator (it's only 20 Megs compress in Winrar).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 06:30:03 PM by Fighter17 » Logged
David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 07:17:50 PM »

PM me, please. I'm also David J. at Sega-16. Smiley
Fighter17
Donor

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2006, 07:44:20 PM »

PM me, please. I'm also David J. at Sega-16. Smiley

Check your PM.