RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 04:57:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Memory Cards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Memory Cards  (Read 2525 times)
welchracing33
N-Gage
United States

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« on: December 28, 2007, 07:17:30 PM »

I have about 60 Different Memory cards all piled full of stuff. It never fails I want to play a game and have to spend 45 minutes trying to find the right memory card. I was checking to see how some of you catalog and organize your memory cards for fast game recovery?

Right now I have no organazation to them, I just save crap to them and worry about it later.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 07:44:56 PM »

I don't, because it's not really a problem. Most systems have big enough memory cards or hard discs not to have to worry about this.

For the systems with small memory cards (playstation and dreamcast) I'd have 2 or 3 memory cards or I would just remove the old game date. It's not like I would load a 6 month old savegame anyway.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 08:00:50 AM »

Divide your collection into what is saved to what card and have the card waiting in their collections.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 12:09:31 PM »

I have small labels on the 6 VMUs that I use for the Dreamcast.

I tend to put similar games on the same cards.

One for emulation, imports, ,fighting games, Sonic Team games, racing games, etc.

My labels wouldn't make sense to anyone else though.  I named them after the icons you can associate with each VMU.  I stuck to celestial bodies.  Saturn, Earth, Moon, Stars, etc.  Come to think of it, the import VMU doesn't have a label, instead I modded it with an LED light in the top.

BTW, the VMUs failed because they were expensive, the battery life was too short, and they didn't hold much for gamesaves.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:13:06 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Tan
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 12:15:01 PM »

I tend to put similar games on the same cards.

Same here, I have around 15 PS1 mem cards on the go right now. Racing ones, RPG ones, Action/Adventure etc. I may have to swap cards to find files but it's no more than 2-3 to look through for a genre.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 12:53:11 PM »

Number them or label them or something similair.
Just stick a little not inside your games case or to the game with the number of the memory card that has the save file.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 05:07:31 PM »

the battery life was too short

Too true Sad
The Saturn Memory carts are great, I never filled one up, just too bad some games only want to save to the system memory that is all too easy to fill.

djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 07:53:13 PM »

i sort my memory cards by game genre, music and puzzle games on one, rpgs on another, fighters on another, etc
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 07:45:43 AM »

Why do you people want to keep all your old savegames? Do you play through half a game, put it away for a year, and then finish the other half?
Tan
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 09:23:19 AM »

Why do you people want to keep all your old savegames? Do you play through half a game, put it away for a year, and then finish the other half?

I can't speak for everyone, but I have save files dating back to the 90's. You spend all that time customizing a garage of cars in Gran Turismo 2 you better believe your keeping them. Or have all the cars and tracks unlocked in a racing game or fighters unlocked, or characters etc or any other game where completion is required to access game content.

RPG's on the other hand I don't. If It's been too long I just restart the game. Treat it like an unfinished movie that would be best served starting from the beginning than picking up at the chapter you left off.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:25:00 AM by Tan » Logged
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 11:04:53 AM »

Same here. If it's a game that has unlockables for quickplay or multiplayer I like to keep the game save. If not and it's a game I lost interest in playing I just delete the save.

welchracing33
N-Gage
United States

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 02:29:49 PM »

I do have some games that I have started and havent played for a long time. That happens when you have 15 - 20 games going on at the same time.

But I do keep all the data no matter what. Like Tan stated in games like Gran Turismo you get everything the way you want it you dont want to lose it. And games that you have 500+ hours in you sure in the heck dont want to lose.

I have a Card just for Guitar Hero's and once or if I ever beat all them on expert I will keep that data until Im 80. LOL

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 06:11:59 PM »

But I do keep all the data no matter what. Like Tan stated in games like Gran Turismo you get everything the way you want it you dont want to lose it. And games that you have 500+ hours in you sure in the heck dont want to lose.

I have done this about 20 times.

Granted it was on the Pokemon games but still...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length