RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 04:40:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | King of the Ants 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: King of the Ants  (Read 1502 times)
video_game_addict
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« on: July 27, 2005, 04:12:14 PM »

Anyone ever catch this?

Link to IMDB

It's not a well known movie, and I almost passed it by on a recent pawn shop raid, but I think this movie deserves a little attention! It's a Stuart Gordon film (of Re-Animator fame) and stars a virutal unknown Chris L. McKenna as the lead. Also a very hot Kari Wuhrer minus fake boobs who is still nice to look at,  drool  

Mckeena gets involved with a couple of bad guys & ends up killing a dude (Wuhrer's husband) & then the guy that set up the whole thing doesn't want to pay, or can't afford to one, it doesn't get into it that much.. From there it turns into a revenge flick with McKenna going after the baddies.  

Kind of a dark theme running along with McKenna a killer, but still a likeable guy. He gets tortured through part of the flick, so I guess he wins over the crowd even though he's not the nicest of guys.. He even bangs Kari Wuhrer.

Lots of people die, a likeable bad guy, who gets it on with a hottie, what more does one need?  Wink  I enjoyed this one, maybe more than I should have. I doubt this is an easy find, unless you hit up ebay, or subscribe to netflicks. I don't think I've ever seen in rental stores.  But I think it's well worth the watch if you like movies of a darker theme. I'd give it 3 out of four stars, not a excellent must own, but definitely worth the watch at least once, it good movie in my eyes.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 04:20:26 PM »

Oh this is easy as hell to find around here.  Hollywood Video carries a large selection of recent release B movies, and King of Ants is one of them.  I've contemplated getting it for a long time now.  I think a friend of mine got it and loved it, but I'd have to confirm that with him.  I'll check it out sooner or later....  just so many movies I want to see.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 06:40:34 AM »

When I clicked on this topic I was expecting you to tell me about some movie like Empire of the Ants.

The important question here is;

how much of Kari Wuhrer do we get to see?  Hint, hint nudge, nudge wink, wink
video_game_addict
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 10:12:30 AM »

Well I've never seen Empire of the Ants. The title is a little off base for the movie on KotA very little todo with them, it's more psychological.  Just how this one guy rises above everyone else, and becomes 'king'

Midway through the movie there is a scene in a zoo, where he's shoved down in front of a glass case with ants running around, and Goerge Wendt (the fat guy from Cheers) compares him to an ant, and that he was worthless.  

There's also a scene with what may be compared to a queen ant, very demonic looking creature..  

Kari Wuhrer gets completely naked for a few scenes in this, very sexy, although in one dream sequence she's completely naked & the camera is panning down... and well...you see something very distrubing..  yuck
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length