RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 03, 2024, 12:17:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | eBay scammer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: eBay scammer  (Read 1707 times)
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« on: May 31, 2005, 03:46:12 AM »

About a month and a half ago, I won 16 auctions from this seller (nes3000) on German eBay .  His feedback showed that he was an asshole and also that he usually ships his items after a month or so, so I knew that I was going to have to wait, which I don't mind doing.  I was somewhat afraid that he was going to back out since he seems to buy and resell games for a very small profit, and at the price that I won those games, he would surely be making a loss.  Anyhow, I've been waiting and waiting, decided to email him half a week ago to remind him to send me the items...still no reply.  Now I check his eBay feedback, he no longer lists any items, and out of the last 11 users that left him feedback, 8 left him negative stating that they paid and the guy is not shipping the goods/replying to emails/etc.  So I'm wondering, what can I do in a situation like this?  I didn't pay with PayPal, so I am not covered by the buyer protection...anything I can do by eBay?  I'm gonna look into this more later on, but just wanted to see if anyone has any tips. Wink

-Speedy
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 06:06:32 AM by Speedy_NES » Logged

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 12:36:59 PM »

I don't remember how I did it, but I think there is a way to report a non-sending seller.  I had a problem with a guy not sending my stuff after many many e-mails that went unanswered.  I think I went through some form on eBay and was able to get his home phone number, name, and possibly his address.  I started leaving lots of messages for him and finally he sent me an e-mail that said it was on its way.  About two weeks later it finally showed up.  The guy only lived about thirty minutes from me and was going to the same school I was at the time (Miami University), so it obviously shouldn't have taken two weeks from when he said it was on its way (already over two or three weeks from the auction close - which I paid for via PayPal less than an hour after close).

Anyway, I believe eBay had some step after that if the seller still hadn't responded to me calling and such.  Take a look around and you'll probably be able to find something.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 12:48:42 PM »

You can request a users contact info here:
http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-c...mationRequest#ContactInfo

Here is the link to report an item is not recieved:
http://feedback.ebay.com/...SAPI.dll?InrCreateDispute

Good luck!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 12:57:29 PM »

Thanks guys!  

I got his contact info now, I'm gonna write him an email for a refund right now since it's too late at night to call...but I'll give him a call tomorrow or the day after and see if I can get ahold of him.  

Thanks again,

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 08:00:17 PM »

Thanks guys!  

I got his contact info now, I'm gonna write him an email for a refund right now since it's too late at night to call...but I'll give him a call tomorrow or the day after and see if I can get ahold of him.  

Thanks again,

-Speedy

did you ever get a hold of this guy? were you able to get a refund? money back? you should also contact ebay, because if you wait to long....they'll consider it a lost cause.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 05:03:46 AM »

did you ever get a hold of this guy? were you able to get a refund? money back? you should also contact ebay, because if you wait to long....they'll consider it a lost cause.

Unfortunately I never got ahold of the guy - the phone number did ring everytime I called, but without an answer or answering machine.  I filed reports that I didn't receive the items, and the seller is no longer a registered user - hopefully for good.  

I'm getting annoyed with dealing on the European eBays lately, though, as problems seem to keep arising....problems I never had when dealing on the US eBay.  For example, I went on vacation and wanted to bid on a few items prior to leaving and then postpone payment for when I return.  I e-mailed a few sellers and all stated that it was absolutely no problem.  I return from vacation, won a couple of the auctions I bid on, and for each auction I won I received e-mails asking where payment was and received notification of "unpaid item" report from eBay.  I can't believe that people are not intelligent enough to remember or at least check their past e-mail correspondence with potential buyers.  

I also purchased 4 factory sealed games from an eBay seller recently, of which 3 turned out to have been opened.  I e-mailed the seller about it and demanded a minor compensation (refund of shipping costs), and now he calls me a liar, and sent a complaint to eBay saying that I am blackmailing him.  

Anyway, this turned out to be more of a rant about my recent eBay disappointments...I just hope that this is not becoming a trend on eBay, because I always tend to find nice deals on there, it's just a shame that some sellers make it a poor experience.  :-/

-Speedy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length