RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 09:51:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | City of the Living Dead 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: City of the Living Dead  (Read 1394 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: July 21, 2005, 12:11:27 PM »

Lucio Fulci

If you don't know that name already, learn it quickly.  Remember it, and fear or revere it.  The man made some of the sickest, goriest movies of all time.  Besides Ruggero Deodato, I've never seen a director even compare when it comes to the gross-out factor.

Yesterday I saw Fulci's City of the Living Dead.  As you might guess, it is a zombie movie.  It's actually pretty good.  Just be warned.  There are some pretty gross things in the movie.  For example:

A girl starts bleeding out of her eyes, and foaming at the mouth.  She then proceeds to vomit up all of her intestines and even her stomach.  Sound like it would probably look super fake in a 1980-released movie?  It would had anyone but Fulci done it.  For the scene, the actress swallowed still-warm sheep intestines and then regurgitated them on camera.  The effect was (pun intended) nauseating.

At any rate, if you can handle things like that, check this movie out.  It's very obvious that it was made in the early 80's, which in my opinion was when zombie movies were at their prime.  The cheesy electronic music is great in this movie.  Good characters, too.

My only gripe was the ending was slightly confusing, and that the movie lacked a certain sense of widespread dread - the doom seemed almost confined to one place rather than the whole world.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length