RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2024, 05:18:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | InvadErGII's Collection Pics Emporium - 2014 Gallery Added! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: InvadErGII's Collection Pics Emporium - 2014 Gallery Added!  (Read 3217 times)
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« on: September 16, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »

Updating with some new pics (and a new title!) for the new year. I plan on setting up new pics around this time next year to compare.

2013 Album

UPDATE: A new album of pics for 2014! The collection has grown quite a bit in the last year. Enjoy!

2014 Album
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:42:59 PM by InvadErGII » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:22:59 PM »

Nice set up and very clean looking.  NES collection, "your pride and joy."  Of course, mine too. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ProjectG.U.E.S.T.
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 09:26:23 PM »

Holy smokes. It's beautiful, man.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »

Nice set-up, I always love to see how others have their collection displayed.

Not currently pictured is a PS3 that I'm currently using in another room, mostly for Netflix (is this blasphemy? I hope not).

Don't feel bad, I have two PS3 ( One of which was given to me by my friends neighbor b/c it didn't work (until I fixed it. LOL )
And neither one of them are used for playing PS3 games.  Only PS2, PS1, Blu-ray, DVD and a media center. 

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 10:29:05 PM »

The world is a funny place, I am just starting to become a collector of sorts and all I pretty much have IS PS3 games and it's my main focus right now. You all started somewhere and I am pretty much just starting now. Granted I also have an original Xbox,SNES,and NES and PC but not barely any games for them. I miss my brothers Dreamcast, and to find out he gave it to his half sisters on the other side of his family who probably couldn't give a hoot about it. =(

What am I even doing here? Am I allowed here which such a measly collection?

I just realized I have not even watched a movie on it too, just games. Only had it since December 30th or so and already have 37 games or so for it. Hauled all that in in just 9 months. One's in the mail set to be here tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:32:19 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:48:17 PM »

Very nice collection going there InvadErGII. NES goodies are of course my favorite also. I can't say as I blame you on the PS3 thing, mine barely gets any use at all.

@RobotWillie: Everyone starts somewhere, so welcome to the hobby. You'll be shocked at how fast it will grow.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 12:53:02 AM »

are those all wavebird recievers in the Wii gamecube ports? if so that's awesome. overall great collection and nicely organised. for the leaning shelves have you thought about anchoring them to the wall? you can screw hooks into the wall studs behind it and matching hooks into the shelving, then tie them tightly together with some strong wire, it would make them a lot safer and worry free.

@robotWillie 37 PS3 games is definitely a good start, plus whatever else you have for the other systems. you already have more ps3 games than i do, and my collection is over 750 games total...it's all about what your goals and passions are in collecting, and what your budget is. no collection is too small if you treat it like you would a 1000 game collection in terms of care, keeping a record of what games you own in lists like your RFG collection here, etc.
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »

are those all wavebird recievers in the Wii gamecube ports? if so that's awesome. overall great collection and nicely organised. for the leaning shelves have you thought about anchoring them to the wall? you can screw hooks into the wall studs behind it and matching hooks into the shelving, then tie them tightly together with some strong wire, it would make them a lot safer and worry free.

I should definitely look into anchoring them...I'm not good at that sort of thing but it seems like a good project. I mean, I'll only end up with more of these, right? Smiley

And yes, those are wavebird receivers. I'm super bummed that the Z button recently stopped working on one of them, although it makes for a good handicap for someone when playing Smash Bros.

DaveMMR
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »

I should definitely look into anchoring them...I'm not good at that sort of thing but it seems like a good project. I mean, I'll only end up with more of these, right? Smiley

Anchoring them is not hard at all. Some shelves at IKEA come with those angle brackets. One gets screwed to the wall and one to the top of the shelf. Definitely better than your nice games all toppling over.

But very nice collection. Love the nice clean look of the way they're stored.

Any, yup, my PS3 is also primarily a Blu-Ray/Netflix player as well. The games are a sweet little bonus.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 09:13:09 PM »

Updated with new pics for the new year. I'm planning on updating this once a year to observe how much it evolves. You know, like pictures of your kids or something.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 09:43:54 PM »

Your collection looks great! Nice presentation. I love those shelving units; it looks like they fit all kinds of carts perfectly. Did you build them or buy them?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 10:00:13 PM »

I bought them. I used to work for a retail store that afforded me the chance to get them for really cheap. Some day I think I'll build my own to better suit my needs, but these have been great for me.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 10:46:36 PM »

I said 'hi' on Reddit so I'll say it here too.

Hi.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 05:55:44 PM »

It's been a year since I last took pictures of my collection, so I put a new set together. I took some more pictures this time, including some collection highlights.

Here it is!

MrWunderful
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 12:03:21 AM »

great collection.  I love how you put the controllers in the ottoman!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length