RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:02:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Do you replay games for fun? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Do you replay games for fun?  (Read 4551 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 09:13:42 PM »

I do this often enough for games that I enjoyed. For example, this year has been full of BioWare for me. I replayed the entire Mass Effect Trilogy with all DLC from start to finish and had a fantastic time with it. I'm currently doing the same with the Dragon Age series to get me ready to put all my information into The Keep next year in preparation for Inquisition.

Other modern games that still get regular play from me include Rock Band 3, Beatles Rock Band, and the Pinball Hall of Fame.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »

I don't have a set rule about replaying games. I like to go back to them when I've forgotten enough to make the replay as fresh as possible. The games I like to revisit tend to be action games or shorter titles, although I'm super excited to go back to FFX with the HD remaster.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 02:27:53 AM »

Once and a while I get a craving to play something that I know is awesome and I'll plop in a game that I've beaten before. Newer games like Batman Arkham Asylum and Brutal Legend have made the cut. Older ones like Final Fantasy IX, Resident Evil 2 or Mega Man 3 often make the cut too.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 02:15:56 PM »

I replay older stuff (mostly RPGs) from square. I replay Final Fantasy every so often. When I put in a newer Gen game these days, Im trying to complete it still, not replay it.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 09:54:25 PM »

I've always personally had the mindset that video games are for fun and relaxation, NOT for more work, tedium, and aggravation in life.  This has made me not really care much about getting achievements at all in the games I play, and mostly just ignore them in order to enjoy the actual game I'm playing.  That's just me, though.

I do also revisit games pretty frequently, and mostly do so with RPGs that I've played throughout my life.  At the moment, I'm back into Final Fantasy II/IV for literally the 100th or so time, as well as Final Fantasy III/VI and Ys III.

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 03:03:21 PM »

The only games I've replayed in the recent years are:
Baldur's Gate one and two
Mass Effect (all of them, but mostly 1)
Civilization 4

I just don't care/have time enough to play most games.

When I was younger I had a lot of time and very little money, so I had no choice to replay. But nowadays it's the opposite. If I want to play all the games I want to play, I don't have time for replays.
kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 01:31:17 PM »

have to restrain myself or i'd just be replaying oldies all the time. like at least once a year i just wanna waste a week replaying X-Com. better to spend that time trying out something new. even if you're jaded with the current gen chances are you'll eventually find great and/or interesting stuff. Dark Souls had been out for two years before i tried it and that turned out to be the best thing since Shadow of the Colossus.

also, every time a new Metal Gear comes around i always play through the entire series again in anticipation.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »

When I was younger I had a lot of time and very little money, so I had no choice to replay. But nowadays it's the opposite. If I want to play all the games I want to play, I don't have time for replays.

That's a big part of it isn't it? When we only could afford 4-5 games a year we'd play the fuck out of them. Now I'm like one and done and take more of my money.

When shall his new form be revealed?
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 12:49:01 PM »

Even though I have a pretty decent backlog, I had the itch to play Far Cry 3 again the other day.  Started a new game, raised the difficulty, and I'm having as much fun with it as I did the first time I played it.

Zing
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 08:56:07 AM »

Yes, I replay my games. If I don't think I will ever replay them, I sell them, unless I have a major sentimental attachment.

I started replaying Legend of Dragoon literally immediately after finishing my first 40-hour play through.
ggallegos1
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »

I replay some titles moreso than others. I loved uncharted, so I tend to visit those at least once a year in between other games just because they were a lot of fun. I usually gravitate towards older, quicker games versus, say, skyrim. if i'm playing an epic saga game like that, I'm going to go all out on it and make it memorable, but i am also much less likely to visit it again for a long time afterwards because of all the time i put into it again.

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7358-8350
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length