RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:25:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Ouya? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ouya?  (Read 3192 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »

I agree with you. techwizard, but that's kind of what you see with most new consoles.  Even with the ps4 and Xbox one, neither has a particularly impressive launch lineup but the people purchasing those systems are interested in the potential of that system and not only why is available when thy but it.

That being said, I'm in your camp, a system has to prove itself to me a bit before I will commit to it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 05:18:07 PM »

I agree with you. techwizard, but that's kind of what you see with most new consoles.  Even with the ps4 and Xbox one, neither has a particularly impressive launch lineup but the people purchasing those systems are interested in the potential of that system and not only why is available when thy but it.

That being said, I'm in your camp, a system has to prove itself to me a bit before I will commit to it.

the difference being that the launch lineup has at least a handful of exclusives for each, and not just a list of ports (from phone games no less). plus all the issues with the XBOne are to do with policies, and our dislike of them. ps4 has no major issues i've heard anyone complain about. but the ouya has problems that essentially make it unplayable, i mean really...a wifi absorbing system casing, controller that falls apart and has buttons that don't work well. and credit card required to turn it on? that's worse than microsoft.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 10:57:13 PM »

i'm seeing a lot of talk of "potential" and "possibilities". that's not what i buy a console for, i buy it for what they actually have when i buy it. and what i'm seeing are a lot of major problems, and nothing but ports of mobile games, with again, the "potential" for new indie games.

Didn't you buy a WiiU?  Tongue
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 12:38:33 AM »

i'm seeing a lot of talk of "potential" and "possibilities". that's not what i buy a console for, i buy it for what they actually have when i buy it. and what i'm seeing are a lot of major problems, and nothing but ports of mobile games, with again, the "potential" for new indie games.

Didn't you buy a WiiU?  Tongue

yes Wink but it had Nintendo Land and with nintendo there's no maybe or "potential" about there being great games. you know you're going to get at least 1 new zelda game, smash bros, mario (so much mario), the list goes on Tongue

edit: the controller also doesn't fall apart and it doesn't ask me for a credit card just to play Wink
smith45885
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 07:36:54 AM »

I'll sell or trade mine..
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 09:13:22 AM »

Really? You don't like it that much? I read through all the comments here of course and it's obvious the Ouya is getting off to a rocky start. It's at very least going to be a collectible thing and must have some redeeming qualities as a media box. I own a Tiger R Zone, not exactly the sort of console that gets high praise  Tongue
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 04:08:05 PM »

GamePop,Ouya,Madcatz and now Google with Android Boxes. This is becoming the new Pong Clone
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 04:36:01 PM »

GamePop,Ouya,Madcatz and now Google with Android Boxes. This is becoming the new Pong Clone

I've been saying that for awhile.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
smith45885
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 07:08:26 PM »

I

Really? You don't like it that much? I read through all the comments here of course and it's obvious the Ouya is getting off to a rocky start. It's at very least going to be a collectible thing and must have some redeeming qualities as a media box. I own a Tiger R Zone, not exactly the sort of console that gets high praise  Tongue
Yea, I really don't like this thing.  I'm working on a deal with my cousin.  He's going to give it a shot.
Ze_ro
Donor
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 04:41:44 PM »

So I finally got mine the other day, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. There's still not a whole lot of games for it yet, and a lot of what's there is pretty simple, but games like No Brakes Valet and Super Crate Box are a lot of fun. Of course, the emulation is a huge selling point. All the emulators I've tried have worked very well... even the N64 emulator, which actually rather surprises me.

The controller is kinda weak. The d-pad especially is pretty awful... though a lot of the games already support the DualShock 3, and some even support the Wiimote, so there's other options if you really can't stand the thing.

You're not going to see Skyrim on it, and it's not going to compete against the Xbone and PS4, but I think it can carve out a tiny niche. XBLIG didn't set the world on fire either, but it served a purpose, and I can see Ouya filling that void nicely. I'm certainly glad I got one.

--Zero
smith45885
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 08:23:53 PM »

i got one sweet deal from my cousin for mine!! his headache now!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length