RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:14:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Metal Gear Solid Strategy guide for $3! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid Strategy guide for $3!  (Read 3000 times)
SuperGamecube64
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:52:22 PM »

Any other strategy guide lovers here? I scored the Bradygames guide for Metal Gear Solid (the original PS1 releasE) that also inclues a VR Missions guide. I got it $3. I also got the Halo 2 guide for $3, but that isn't nearly as epic. I'll post a pic later if you're itnerested. I checked eBay last night to find out how good I scored, but there were no PS1 MGS guides on eBay by Bradygames (only MGS2 and 3). Anyone know the value?

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »

This should prolly go in the small scores thread. Tongue

SuperGamecube64
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 01:09:57 PM »

Didn't see it, but I was going to strike up a convo about strategy guides here if that makes any difference.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 11:37:50 PM »

Beats me!  Lol. But I've recently been on a strategy guide kick. Well sort of. I've definitely been buying them more. Older ones anyway.

SuperGamecube64
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 08:37:02 PM »

I like reading strategy guides, both old and new, but especially ones to games I either know well or an nostalgic about. I'm good friends with a Gamestop manager and their Collector's Edition Skyward Sword guides "pennied out" and were no longer for sale. He was gonna nab me one for free, but the head manager had already throw them away by his next shift.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 01:44:48 PM »

That is just sad and depressing.  Another reason I kinda hate game stop (tho I still go there).

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »

I like reading strategy guides, both old and new, but especially ones to games I either know well or an nostalgic about. I'm good friends with a Gamestop manager and their Collector's Edition Skyward Sword guides "pennied out" and were no longer for sale. He was gonna nab me one for free, but the head manager had already throw them away by his next shift.

GameStop employee grabs them and sells them to the nearby retro store, where they're resold for $3-$5 each.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »

I think i still have 20 Halo 2 sealed guides at my parents place.
Pennied out but were free with employee/membership card discount stacks,

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 04:25:19 PM »

Just today I saw a Halo 2 strategy guide at a used book store which I normally think has good prices. It was $8.50.

Izret, if you sold all 20 of your copies at that price you'd have, like, a thousand dollars.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 10:23:06 PM »

I like guides when I find them cheap, but I'll never understand people that pay $25+ for guides when you can find them free online within a couple weeks of release.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length