RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 06:29:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Best/worst looking Consoles/controllers to you 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Best/worst looking Consoles/controllers to you  (Read 4505 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 10:40:07 PM »

NES looks like shit.

When shall his new form be revealed?
moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 11:57:27 PM »

NES looks like shit.

Yesterday I was refurbing a NES for a buddy and my wife asked why I have to bend all those little pins back up...I told her because some asshole wanted it to look like a VCR.  She laughed and said that no one would have bought a VCR that looked like that. 

My wife and you are correct sir, NES does look like shit.

[img width=95 height=39]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/RFGmicrobar01.gif[/img]
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »

The Microsoft Sidewinder controller family for PC.  Every one of them features that "turn your hands sideways" grip, an obvious precursor to the Xbox "Duke"  Never could get used to that, especially with "Up" on the D-pad being more sideways.  MS always claimed the Duke was the result of product testing.  BS.  That thing was a Sidewinder reject through and through.

[img width=360 height=359]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d9/Sidewinder_gamepad.jpg[/img]

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
DaveMMR
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 12:42:49 AM »

Yesterday I was refurbing a NES for a buddy and my wife asked why I have to bend all those little pins back up...I told her because some asshole wanted it to look like a VCR.  She laughed and said that no one would have bought a VCR that looked like that. 

My wife and you are correct sir, NES does look like shit.
Another side-effect of the video game crash. It couldn't look like a video game because America was "over" that video game fad. I guess it worked considering the outcome, but yeah, not only is it an unattractive console, it's a big ole pain the in butt.

The Microsoft Sidewinder controller family for PC.  Every one of them features that "turn your hands sideways" grip, an obvious precursor to the Xbox "Duke"  Never could get used to that, especially with "Up" on the D-pad being more sideways.  MS always claimed the Duke was the result of product testing.  BS.  That thing was a Sidewinder reject through and through.

I never particularly cared for any MS controllers - be it Xbox or Sidewinder or anything. And it's all due, as you said, to some possible high focus group. And the 360 controller is definitely the best of the MS lot, but I still prefer the Playstation Dual-Shock (1,2,3) setup. It just looks more symmetrical and simple.

Best looking console? Looking at my row of gaming consoles, I can't help but notice that that shy little Gamecube in the corner is just so compact and stylish. No strange curves or excess bulk, just a simple, portable cube in your choice of colors. I just wish the controller was as simple and not a mismash of buttons that differ in size and shape.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length