RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 01:46:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | rfgen chat address 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: rfgen chat address  (Read 1158 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: January 18, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »

so since that java vulnerability, the new patch they released seems to have just not installed java in my browser...so i decided to get a proper IRC addon for firefox. then i realised i don't know where to find out how to connect to the chat through a 3rd party program, so could anyone tell me the address to connect?
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 02:43:06 PM »

Address: irc.quakenet.org
Port: 6667
Room: #rfgeneration

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 02:45:21 PM »

One of these days I'll have to add that to my irc programs autojoin list.  I have the damned thing open 24/7 pretty much anyhow.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 02:49:30 PM »

Address: irc.quakenet.org
Port: 6667
Room: #rfgeneration

cool thanks

edit: it doesn't seem to be connecting me to the right one...i'm not sure if i'm entering the port correctly.

* Untitled.png (34.7 KB, 634x447 - viewed 166 times.)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:55:09 PM by techwizard » Logged
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »

What client is that? You may be able to get away without the port as they tend to be fairly standard.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »

I use chatzilla, and that looks like what you have. And I don't recognize that screen at all. I have mine set to connect automatically, so I haven't done it in a while, but I think you can just put /connect quakenet in the chat box and once its connected, you do /join #rfgeneration.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 09:53:36 PM »

ya it's chatzilla, and i figured it out...though not that way. i just put quakenet in the network box of that window, and #rfgeneration in the channel box. i need to try setting up auto-connect, i tried it earlier and it didn't bring anything up so i'm not sure what that was about.

edit: i found where to set the autoconnect, what do you have it set to connect to for yours that works nes_rules? i've tried putting in a bunch of combinations of the address and the rfgen channel into this box below with no luck:

* Untitled.png (57.28 KB, 574x547 - viewed 139 times.)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:59:46 PM by techwizard » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length