RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 05:04:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | profile images 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: profile images  (Read 1223 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:47:58 AM »

is there any sense to the way images are laid out on your collection profile page? i'm trying to upload my images in a specific order, but it seems to place them completely randomly.
Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:40:51 PM »

I've noticed this as well.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 04:09:17 PM »

Took a quick look at this...it's because we use Perl's readdir function, which has some arbitrary way of accessing the files in the collection directory. We can likely sort it - how would you prefer?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 07:38:39 PM »

well the ideal way in my opinion would be if we could rearrange them after they've been uploaded. the best way being something like how facebook does it if you're familiar with that, where editing an album allows you to actually click and drag the thumbnail into the location you want. if that's too difficult to code right now, then just a button to move an image one space farther right or one space back left for each image...only viewable to the person who the profile belongs to of course.

or the super simple but also acceptable solution would be to just have it sort the images left to right, top to bottom, by file name like windows folders do it. that way the order they're uploaded will actually be the order they show up in.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 08:19:01 PM »

If you look at my profile i named them alphabeitcally
A B C D etc
If memory serves that put them in the order i wanted them in

EDIT
Never mind.
They are all kinds of messed up.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:20:45 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 10:35:19 PM »

The images are uploaded with the file names intact, just as an FYI. If I sort them alphabetically, they would have to be named appropriately. If you're fine with that, I'll make the change.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 01:31:52 AM »

The images are uploaded with the file names intact, just as an FYI. If I sort them alphabetically, they would have to be named appropriately. If you're fine with that, I'll make the change.

ya that's what i meant by the third option i listed, as long as it sorts numerically as well...the pictures were taken in the order i wanted them to appear, so the camera's file numbering is how i hoped they would be sorted.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length