RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 12:16:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Animal Crossing: City Folk, who got it? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk, who got it?  (Read 2934 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: November 30, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »

Who picked up this game?  I have some questions if you did.  Thanks.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »

I haven't but it's pretty much the same as the GameCube game, so what's the point?

Here's the GT Review:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43105.html
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 10:14:15 PM »

I enjoyed the DS version for about a month but then I got bored with it. After reading the reviews of this one I'll be passing since it sounds like more of the same.

I wish I could pay other characters to do some of the upkeep for me so if I took a break the whole town wouldn't fall apart.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 01:25:26 AM »

And people say Madden is the same every time around. Wink

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 09:22:25 AM »

I love the one on the cube, and when I heard this was basically the same same thing but online all that went through my mind was "meh".

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 09:31:28 AM »

I thoroughly enjoyed the GameCube version to the point where I had millions of bells, all the fossils, nearly all the fish and had a weed free town full of fruit trees. But then I quit playing for a while and came back to it to find my town full of weeds and just lost interest in it completely.
So, I have no interest in the new one if it's going to be essentially the same thing. Maybe if I can find it under $10, I would give it a chance though.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 01:59:01 PM »

Ummm, thanks for the replies but as the topic says I'm looking for someone who had the game, not to discuss if they were going to buy it or for reviews, etc.

SMS set complete!
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 06:45:24 PM »

Maybe you could already share your question(s) with us, whilst still on the look for someone who owns the game.

Who knows, there might be someone here that can help you out. Smiley (Not me though, I haven't played any Animal Crossing's)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 08:26:31 PM »

LOL, ok it's a deal but I don't think anyone would know the answer unless they played the Wii game.  My question is in the GC version animals would randomly show up such as the Walrus with the wallpapers, the seagull sailor, K.K. Slider, and a few others I can't remember.  Do random characters show up in the Wii version?  Not neccesarily the same characters but random characters.  I liked that in GC version being surprised when a "new" character strolled through town.

Maybe you could already share your question(s) with us, whilst still on the look for someone who owns the game.

Who knows, there might be someone here that can help you out. Smiley (Not me though, I haven't played any Animal Crossing's)

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 05:23:40 PM »

Anyone?

SMS set complete!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 07:55:44 PM »

Wisp(seems to be a change from the Ghost that use to show up at midnight) and  Katie and Kaitlin
Are the only new ones.
KK, wendel, sahara, gulliver, blanca, and the rest have all made a comeback.
I didn't check on Crazy Redd for you though.

Tan
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 12:26:37 AM »

I didn't check on Crazy Redd for you though.

Redd is in the game as well, up to his usual chicanery. My wife has put a good bit of time into this game so far and she enjoys it more than the DS version. I've put a couple hours into it myself.

It's identical to the DS version but with subtle differences. All of the basic activities are there like fishing, tree shaking, digging, slingshoting etc. Tom Nook is still a greasy loan shark / real estate mogul and you'll be indebted to him for a long time. Random characters show up every so often and so far we've seen every Wild World character at some point. The museum is there and so are the other buildings like the town hall. You can import your shop catalog and character from the DS version but not your inventory or money or you can simply start fresh. You can also buy a mask that resembles your chosen Mii character and the hair/clothes customization is more in-depth.

The controls are simple and easy to use and moving the character uses a cursor that drags them around much like a stylus would do. You can use the Wii remote/Nunchuk combo or just the Wii remote itself which is easier.

The biggest difference is the city addition in which you hop on a bus from your town and go to whenever you please. It adds a few more activities and allows some vendors like Redd to set up shop in a building without pitching a tent in your town every so often.

Basically it wasn't broke so they didn't try to fix it and the advantages of the Wii allow it to be a fun game even if your doing the same things you did in Wild World. Think of it as Wild World 2.0 and just as addictive.

Smiley
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 09:44:09 AM »

Maybe this could be useful to some of you who own this game:

How to move your characters from the DS game to the Wii game.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43606.html
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 01:59:39 PM »

Well, I got this for Christmas so does anyone else who has this game want to hook up online?

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 10:15:43 PM »

Come on, someone must have this and wants to play together.

SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length