RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 11:01:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | how the hell do you beat Lou??? (GHIII) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: how the hell do you beat Lou??? (GHIII)  (Read 1221 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: June 20, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »

I am stuck on Lou on Hard. It seems he always gets an attack first and launches it right when I'm about to get the opportunity for one. I'm getting fairly good at the song and have managed to get 2 attacks off. I skipped Easy and Medium so I don't know if I would have learned anything from that.

Is there some trick? or just countless attempts till I luck into a win?

I grow weary of Lou.

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 04:19:06 PM »

I would help you but I am still stuck on Raining Blood  :embarassed:
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 05:50:06 PM »

Damn that Raining Blood.

My tactics are to stock up, then start hammering on him continuously, especially right before he gets an attack.

Not sure how different he would be on hard though.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »

The easiest way to beat any boss is to time your attack so that he doesnt get to pick up anymore after his first one. Unfortunately with Lou he gets an attack before you do (unlike both other boss battles). You just have to keep retrying until he gets an attack you can easily over-come. I found that when he got the whammy attack I could recover with more than enough time to keep my rock meter high and get my next power up. If you can try to stock up on power ups so you have 2 or 3 and wait until after all the singing (that means after the first set of crazy solos) and when you get to the reeeeaaaaaly long set of solos then use them one after another (dont let them overlap) and he should be toast. Let me know if these tips dont work for you and ill try to explain them better or offer alternative methods.

Lou is very difficult even when you can hit 90% of the song.... so just keep on trying and you'll get it. Good Luck!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 08:52:48 AM »

get better. thats all i can say.

*shrugs*
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 11:49:42 AM »

Save up 3 attacks, and them use them right after each one ends, this way he gets hit for a fairly long time.  Doing this during an intense solo will help you that much more.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 12:06:26 PM »

well the consensus so far seems to be saving attacks. I'll try that. I'd been launching them as soon as I get them.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 06:14:23 PM »

I found a pretty good way to beat him after getting my ass handed to me a bunch of times on expert.

During the first half of the battle, Lou will always get his specials first.  The best thing to do here is just do what you can to "survive".  If you can get one of your specials, it would be best to save it until a part where Lou will be going for his special.  Even if you don't manage to get any specials, if you can just make it to the next bridge you'll get your chance to attack.

After said bridge, you will get the chance to get specials first, and you get them at about a rate of 2-1 compared to Lou.  So on this part you should try to use your specials as soon as you get them and just keep wailing on him.  It usually doesn't take more than 3 or 4 specials before he goes down.

Next, how to use your Guitar Hero controller as a riot supression device.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length