RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 06:25:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Cd-i Help! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cd-i Help!  (Read 1622 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: March 04, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »

I'm having a bit of a problem with my Cd-i system.  Maybe Mariott Guy can help out- he seems to know his Cd-i stuff.  Anyways, I have a Philips Cd-i 910 system, the same mariott guy submitted pics for.  Well, it comes to "title" screen where you select open, etc.  Well the controller I have doesn't work with the system but it works with my Magnavox Cd-i system.  Does the 910 use a different remote?  I can't select anything without a controller.  Also, I put Zelda in the system and it doesn't play it.  You just get a high buzz, the screen goes blank then goes back to the "title" system screen.  Does this model only play certain games?  Thanks for your help in getting this thing working for me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 12:43:37 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 12:24:22 PM »

Do you have the video cartridge for the 910 ?  Some games required it to run.  As far as the controller they all should work on it.  Try using a roller controller or one of the others to see if they'll work on it.

Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 02:45:52 PM »

Hey Shaggy.

The 910 did come with a specialized controller (has a thumb-stick type of control in the top center of it) along with a standard gamepad controller.  I have both and don't have any problem navigating through the various game screen interfaces.  I do not have the Zelda game (I am assuming you are referring to Wand of Gameleon), so I can not tell you if it does require the DVC hardware cartridge.  I can tell you that Link: Faces of Evil does not require it (both were made by the same developer) since it does play fine on my 910 system.

I don't have any other CD-i systems at the moment to be able to test controller/remote capability.

Do other CD-i games work with your system Shaggy?
Let me know.

Terry

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 09:13:18 AM »

I don't have any other Cd-i games with me right now to try out.  I was using the Wand of Gamaleon game.  I don't think I have the video card but I'm not sure where it goes so I can tell if I have it or not.  The controller I was using, which works on the Magnavox Cd-i, has a long button on the upper left and upper right and in the middel of the two buttons is a big circle.  I'm not exactly sure which controller this is.  I hope this helps.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:23:46 PM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:53:20 AM »

Is it one of these three ?

* 22er9019.jpg (4.79 KB, 200x100 - viewed 245 times.)

* 22er9051.jpg (5.54 KB, 200x100 - viewed 230 times.)

* 22er9055.jpg (4.28 KB, 200x100 - viewed 238 times.)

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »

It looks like the top one but it doesn't have the buttons on the bottom part of the controller.

SMS set complete!
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 08:38:08 PM »

All this trouble to play THE WORST Zelda game ever made!!!!!!  Sad no Undecided Cry

This is why I got rid of all my CD i JUNK

LOL
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 08:44:54 AM »

It looks like the top one but it doesn't have the buttons on the bottom part of the controller.
All those are compatible with the 910, plus zelda does not require the dvc to play it.  Is the disc in decent shape ?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 08:22:06 PM »

All those are compatible with the 910, plus zelda does not require the dvc to play it.  Is the disc in decent shape ?

Like I said in my post above the controller and game both work on the Magnavox Cd-i system I have.  In addition all my other games work on the Magnavox system.  I can't get the controller or the games to work on Philips system.  Damn Philips system!  Work Dammit!!  I know the system works because it shows the default screen.

SMS set complete!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 08:41:52 AM »

Maybe the 910 is like the early ps2's.  Having the problem with the laser not being aligned.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length