RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 10:24:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Audiosurf: A Game in Need of a Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Audiosurf: A Game in Need of a Thread  (Read 1119 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: February 27, 2008, 01:21:25 AM »

This game is awesome.

We must discuss it.

We must post awesome scores.

We must suggest awesome songs to play.

I will post songs later, for now I am playing.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 01:57:49 AM »

Too bad no one here will play it because it's an indie PC game digitally distributed over the internet and not something you can add to your collection on the site for more bragging rights... Wink

But really. Audiosurf...Great game. Could end up being on my top 5 list at the end of the year.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 02:02:56 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 06:54:48 AM »

Too bad no one here will play it because it's an indie PC game digitally distributed over the internet and not something you can add to your collection on the site for more bragging rights... Wink

But really. Audiosurf...Great game. Could end up being on my top 5 list at the end of the year.

I like how a game with mainstream coverage from just about every major gamng website and sold over the 'nets biggest digital distribution service, while including the soundtrack for one of 2007's biggest games somehow remains labeled "indie".

That's like a indie musician with a Sony BMG contract, kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? Wink
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 12:06:39 PM »

Do the songs included in the game or the distribution platform say anything about how the game was developed? Certainly, the argument provided could be applied to other games such as Eternity's Child on Wii Ware.

Just because a game gets mainstream coverage does not mean it was not developed independently. I don't think the game could have been a finalist in the IGF Awards if it wasn't independent, could it? Wink

Also, this game is fun. I highly recommend it.

Hello World.
Tan
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 12:33:52 PM »

Do the songs included in the game or the distribution platform say anything about how the game was developed? Certainly, the argument provided could be applied to other games such as Eternity's Child on Wii Ware.

Just because a game gets mainstream coverage does not mean it was not developed independently. I don't think the game could have been a finalist in the IGF Awards if it wasn't independent, could it? Wink

Also, this game is fun. I highly recommend it.

Then I guess indie games are nothing like indie films or movies then. The spirit of independant development is completing it without support from major companies or corporations.

"Knytt" I see as independant, "Audiosurf" I do not. Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length