RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 06:25:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 839667 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1980 on: October 10, 2008, 09:35:36 AM »

They did. Smiley But it slipped out of the end in the post and got a bit bent. I had ordered something else with it, so it was sent in a large bubble bag but the actual gasket was wrapped in stiff cardboard.

The "invoice" from this morning turned out to be a Sales Order, confirming what was being "ordered". The invoice comes when they charge me, which they said they won't after I emailed them.

But they still haven't given me a returns number to be able to send the bent one back. Maybe they think it's not worth it for a sub £1 item. Or maybe they're still processing it all.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1981 on: October 10, 2008, 10:49:48 AM »

I have a 3 day weekend too! Hooray being a government employee!

nod

I also have "half days" next Thursday and Friday. And I have put in for a vacation day for the "1/2 day" on Friday.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1982 on: October 10, 2008, 02:04:09 PM »

It's hawt.

When shall his new form be revealed?
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1983 on: October 10, 2008, 04:11:44 PM »

Looks like we're going to have some interesting road conditions this winter. The County can't afford salt to put on the roads. They only received 1 bid for salt @ $68 per ton for 3,000 tons, but rejected it. That price seems reasonable to me, but the catch is, the supplier would require the County to pick up the salt and the County trucks only hold 10-12 tons. And the supplier is in Baltimore, so that would be about an 11 hour drive round trip, which would mean probably 5-6 hours of overtime per load, so it is definitely not cost effective to do that.

So here's to hoping the left over salt from last year will last all winter.  laugh laugh Sad

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1984 on: October 10, 2008, 05:51:55 PM »

[img width=500 height=333]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny-pictures-your-cat-sure-has-camoflage.jpg[/img]

Nuf said.

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1985 on: October 10, 2008, 06:54:49 PM »

So here's to hoping the left over salt from last year will last all winter.  laugh laugh Sad
Lol, time to hook up the snow chains I guess. Tongue

@logical: Awesome picture!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1986 on: October 11, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »

I'm a little bit abreibriated.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1987 on: October 11, 2008, 03:42:38 AM »

I got my replacement gasket this morning. Cheesy This time they wrapped it in lots of bubble wrap and put it in a solid cardboard box. Grin I still don't know what they want me to do with the other one, maybe nothing because it's cheaper to write it off than to pay for it to be posted it back.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1988 on: October 11, 2008, 07:54:38 AM »

I got my replacement gasket this morning. Cheesy
Glad that worked out for you, and yeah, they'll probably won't ask for the other one back.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1989 on: October 11, 2008, 08:28:42 AM »

I fitted my new gasket. Smiley Turned the key... "chuchuchuchchuchu..." didn't start. So I tried again and it still wouldn't start. So I poked a torch down the fuel filler of the tank and there was nothing but a bit of dampness. >_< I bought a gallon of petrol in a jerry can then tried again. The first try drew some petrol through then with the second key turn it started straight away. Cheesy The timing was still a bit forward so I set it to where it should be. It didn't cut out or splutter this time. I reset the idle to 800-900rpm and pushed the throttle a few times and it sounds so much nicer now.

I'll have to see how it is from cold in the morning.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #1990 on: October 11, 2008, 09:14:53 AM »

I fitted my new gasket. Smiley Turned the key... "chuchuchuchchuchu..." didn't start. So I tried again and it still wouldn't start. So I poked a torch down the fuel filler of the tank and there was nothing but a bit of dampness. >_< I bought a gallon of petrol in a jerry can then tried again. The first try drew some petrol through then with the second key turn it started straight away. Cheesy The timing was still a bit forward so I set it to where it should be. It didn't cut out or splutter this time. I reset the idle to 800-900rpm and pushed the throttle a few times and it sounds so much nicer now.
Sounds like you're becoming quite the mechanic, knowledge that'll always come in handy. Smiley I wish I knew that much about cars myself.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1991 on: October 11, 2008, 11:08:07 AM »

So i have been using my moms laptop alot lately.

Apparently it is far more riddled with bad things than i had originally assumed.

I just had a popup warning from the MS Firewall asking me if i wanted to let Trojan.BankFraud.something or other access the internet.

Thank god i have already used eBay/PayPal/email/nearly every other password protected info i have on the web. :-/

Guess i am going to have to get on a protected PC and change passwords AGAIN.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1992 on: October 11, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »

Garage sales sucked today. I only bought 2 things that are semi-game-related Sad Hopefully the flea market will be great, if not, no Treasure Hunt Chronicles for this week.  Cry

But I get to go put a roof on a garage today and tomorrow, so that should be fun Undecided

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1993 on: October 11, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »

So i have been using my moms laptop alot lately.

Apparently it is far more riddled with bad things than i had originally assumed.

I just had a popup warning from the MS Firewall asking me if i wanted to let Trojan.BankFraud.something or other access the internet.

Thank god i have already used eBay/PayPal/email/nearly every other password protected info i have on the web. :-/

Guess i am going to have to get on a protected PC and change passwords AGAIN.

Might just be some protection program she has that MS reads as a trojan. Trojans usually don't call themselves "bank fraud."

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1994 on: October 11, 2008, 09:43:52 PM »

I went to Ocean City today. A tourist town during the off season is interesting. Big ass boardwalk.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length