RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 11:20:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Beggar Prince 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Beggar Prince  (Read 2025 times)
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: October 12, 2007, 03:49:46 PM »

So Beggar Prince is getting another 900 copy run.

My question to anybody who may own this game is, is it worth the $46. Is it a good solid RPG?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:51:02 PM »

I have it and yet I have never played it. According to Keith the new run fixes some bugs and allows it to work on any Genesis / Genesis type system.

Tan
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 05:27:14 PM »

"Beggar Prince will play in any NTSC or PAL Sega Genesis / Megadrive system, including all compatible systems such as the Nomad, 32X, CDX, X'Eye, Laseractive, etc. Saving and loading your progress via SRAM battery is also supported on all systems."

http://www.beggarprince.com/
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »

A commercial MegaDrive game? That's friken awesome.
The Master System is still the longest living system though with TecToy (Sega of Brazil) having made game and systems up until at least 2005.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 12:47:44 AM »

The original ones were supposed to run on any Genny/Megadrive.

I wonder if they will have any other changes to the game that will be more notable than bug fixes.

Also i believe it was originally more than 46$s

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 07:07:41 AM »

I think it'll mainly be many more bug fixes since the original material they had to work with was bug ridden but finically it wasn't worth fixing them all, just the major ones. That and to restock since they sold out of copies once again.

It's always a nice gesture to contact little companies like this if they are doing something you like, and just give them your moral support as sometimes this is every bit as important as buying their product to support them. So I figured I'd drop 'em an email

Black = Cobra
Blue = Super Fighter Team

Hello.

Thank-you for your interest in Beggar Prince.

I have to say I am extremely impressed by your decision to release a commercial Genesis/MegaDrive game. I took a look at the screen shots on offer and the game looks awesome. I am really impressed how Super Fighter not only took the time to translate the entire game but also to go to all the effort of fixing bugs present with the original.

I'm glad to hear this. Beggar Prince was a huge project, and it makes it all worthwhile to hear of continued interest from customers and fans.

It'll also be wonderful to see older MegaDrive games rereleased in English like Vixen 357 if the companies are still around today to make that possible that is.

We'll continue to support the Megadrive, but there's no guarantee we can acquire the rights to games such as Vixen 357 as it's not an easy task.

I really want to thank the Super Fighter Team for taking this giant brave move and wish them every success. I also look forward to seeing future release for the Genesis/MegaDrive market and may have to buy a Nomad for Super Fighter's titles alone.

Great. It's nice to have your support.

Have a nice day.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »

I finally took the plunge and bought this game. This isn't a bad game at all but it's not a great game either. Overall it is just something unique to own.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 11:50:53 AM »

I'm hoping to snag a copy soon.

Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 12:00:16 PM »

I have been meaning to get me a copy as well.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 02:47:02 PM »

I see they now have a new game out for the Atari Lynx.

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 01:33:11 PM »

For anyone who was intrested in Beggar Prince, WM Development are creating a new Megadrive (Genesis) release. They are also releasing it on Mega CD (Sega CD) as well, which is pretty cool. Its a brand new game as well, not just a translated port. Anyway for more info follow the link:

http://www.piersolar.com/

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »

Most interesting indeed. I definitely like the fact it has no ripped content.
I wonder if the Mega-CD version will sport a FMV intro & ending and have CD music.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »

I will have to keep my eye on that. Thanks for the link Andy.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length