RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:11:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Video Game Research Project 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Video Game Research Project  (Read 3393 times)
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« on: September 23, 2004, 05:15:52 PM »

For my Senior Research Project, I am researching Eidos. (I would do EA but it has to have a British connection)  I'm looking for all the help I can get, so if if you guys can help I'll take any information or suggestions.
Thanks.  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 05:47:34 PM by danvx6 » Logged

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 08:28:45 PM »

There is a condensed 4-page history of the company in Russel Demaria and Johnny L. Wilson's book High Score: The Illustrated History of Electronic Games. You can order the book from amazon.com here http://www.amazon.com/exe...&s=books&n=507846

There might not be much to write a paper on though. Eidos is a relatively new company (1990) and their first actual video games were on the Playstation in 1996. Eidos doesn't actually make any of their own games either. They just own a bunch of game developers. The company itself was set up to do video compression. They own Crystal Dynamics and Core and a bunch of others. You might get a little more if you follow those companies. Some of them have been around for a while.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 07:18:11 AM »

I own the book and am already lending it to him. But also we already knew that and if anyone knows any other companies that have their origins in Britain feel free to list them.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 07:48:04 AM »

fcuk has roots in England.    |D
I love all the shit that happened with that company.
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 09:15:40 PM »

im thinking that any video game company won't have enough informtion for a 10 page paper(i wanted EA because of their huge effect on video games but even that would run out of info quickly)... i can still change the topic until october 29th i think, if i cant find enough ill switch to a war of some kind

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 10:03:06 PM »

You could always do the paper on Codemasters.  They've been around a lot longer and you may even be able to get some information from Sureshot, who works there currently.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 05:08:15 AM »

am kinda following suit Dan.
I chose to research video games for my Isearch paper. I am still unshure of what specificly about them i am going to research but there is a chance i might ask to interview anyone who has been into gaming for along time or are somehow in the industry.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 09:24:49 AM »

Find the people who are responsible for Custer's Revenge and ask them what they were thinking.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 09:35:31 AM »

Find the people who are responsible for Custer's Revenge and ask them what they were thinking.

That would be cool. I have that game but have not played it yet.

Also talk to some of the people that have made current gen games that sucked really bad. Ask them if they even tested the games.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 09:53:24 AM »

Actually i am going to end up researching what it is like to work in the field.
Sureshot i might come to you with questions.
Right now i am still in the very begining of the report though.

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 10:41:40 AM »

Alright, PM me them whenever and I'll see if I can help at all.  I may be utterly useless but we'll see Tongue

Me vs Gretzky
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 11:48:15 AM »

I know a couple guys in the field. I will send them emails on Sunday/Monday to check if I can give you thier email address so you can ask them questions.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 01:08:59 PM »

Much thanks Scott.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 01:43:19 PM »

Doesn't hurt to ask the guys around here that work in game stores too right? Hit every angle all the way down to the customer level Wink

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 01:56:01 PM »

I worked part time at a GameStop. So I can answer questions.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length