RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 10:42:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Mass Effect from Bioware 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect from Bioware  (Read 12035 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 10:53:51 AM »

Nice. Mass Effect looks pretty damn awesome. I hope you all like it.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 12:01:45 PM »

Thanks, Tony. Cool

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »

Just picked up my copy at lunch today. Looking forward to playing it!

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 03:12:36 PM »

Awesome. The reviews have been good so far (lol gamespot, you and your 8.5 for Mass Effect and your 8 for Uncharted). Hope you like it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:31:09 PM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 04:04:06 PM »

^Thanks.

And regarding Gamespot, they also gave GH3 only an 8.0. They're getting pretty stingy lately.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 05:38:46 PM »

Yeah. I think Gamespot might be doing it for attention though...

Some Sony fans (I've seen a lot of them on PS3Forums) are saying that MS is paying Gamespot to give PS3 games low ratings, which just seems absurd.

Follow me on Twitter
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 07:42:47 PM »

Nah, ever since Gamespot changed their review system they've been reviewing much much harsher (personally I like it) and IMO is more accurate than their previous reviews. However they're Halo 3 review is IMO too high. The game was pretty cool at first but now it's a pretty boring game, even online is getting rather stale.

Anyway,due to the new review system if you are looking at Gamespot for reviews, don't compare their reviews to other websites. Compare them with other reviews on Gamespot. Their criteria is much much different and they try to see through the hype.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 07:44:24 PM by Shimra » Logged
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 04:28:07 PM »

Their criteria is much much different and they try to see through the hype.
I don't know about that. When you play Uncharted, you can just feel that it isn't an 8. But of course that's my baised little opinion.

So, I was watching the Mass Effect special on Sci-Fi Channel, and saw Wayne Brady was on it. Is he in the game or is he just on the special as "Look at me I'm Wayne Brady! Buy this game!"?

Follow me on Twitter
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »

Their criteria is much much different and they try to see through the hype.
I don't know about that. When you play Uncharted, you can just feel that it isn't an 8. But of course that's my baised little opinion.

So, I was watching the Mass Effect special on Sci-Fi Channel, and saw Wayne Brady was on it. Is he in the game or is he just on the special as "Look at me I'm Wayne Brady! Buy this game!"?

Many would argue the same with games such as Skies of Arcadia Legends, Symphony of the Night, Metroid Prime 3 etc, however Gamespot does raise many good points with the games that receive lower than expected reviews.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 10:52:44 PM »

Been playing it this afternoon/evening and so far it's pretty sweet! Cool

The story/backhistories are incredibly comprehensive! Solid combat. Amazing graphics. And I'm just scratching the surface.

I'm currently at a tough spot in the early game where I died a few times trying to take down an underground character named Fist in his "Gentlemen's club" so I decided to take a break. Grin

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 02:46:56 AM »

Been playing it this afternoon/evening and so far it's pretty sweet! Cool

The story/backhistories are incredibly comprehensive! Solid combat. Amazing graphics. And I'm just scratching the surface.

I'm currently at a tough spot in the early game where I died a few times trying to take down an underground character named Fist in his "Gentlemen's club" so I decided to take a break. Grin

I died about four times trying that.  So I went and did side quests to level up.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 10:27:43 AM »

^I'll give it another try or 2. And if it's still too tough I may have to sidequest as well. BTW, have you been buying up licenses?

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 01:33:17 AM »

Not really but I haven't bought very much yet.

Cool thing though, Both Captain Anderson and Joker look like their voice actors

Captain Anderson
[img width=500 height=281]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/freak-boy124/David_Anderson_Mass_Effect.jpg[/img]
Keith David.
[img width=450 height=319]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/freak-boy124/KeithDavid.jpg[/img]

I couldn't find a picture of Joker but he does look like Seth Green.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 01:37:09 AM by freak_boy » Logged

Tan
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 02:07:20 AM »

Not the best mashup but it get's the point across:

* seth-joker.jpg (9.85 KB, 328x216 - viewed 288 times.)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »

I got past the part with Fist by using Wrex and Garrus. Gotta use the squad commands.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length